Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so helpful! Thank You! It sounds like this is the yarn I should be using. How much larger is it than the sock yarn (does it compare to bulky/super bulky)? I did look at the Red Heart website and it looks like a size 6 corresponds to "super bulky". Does that sound right? I guess I just adjust my hook size according to the gauge, as always?

Post Thanks / Like
    i would consider the yarn as bulky --i use a j hook for a size 7 shoe and if you want them larger go up a hook or if you want them smaller go down a hook--i hope this works out for you -let me know

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made several pairs of these, using size 4 yarn, and making a double sole, the inside sole being a soft yarn. I didn't use the pay pattern, I used a free pattern for adult tennies from Pintrest, and just made them lower. They turned out really cute, and everyone loved them, said how comfy they were. Also for sole size, there are places on Pintrest that will tell you how to measure to make them the right size. Good luck.

4. Thanks NancyMcQuade thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you are a long time crocheter. I would never be able to figure out how to change a pattern so completely and end up with a success. Thank you again!
    Last edited by NancyMcQuade; 12-31-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really quite easy. Make 4 soles, instead of just 2, stitch them together, this makes them very cushsy, and for the top of the sides, the last row will be how high you want them.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey nancy mcquade==happy newyear==when i made my slippers the pattern called for size 4 yarn=but they turned out goodusing blanket yarn==my daughter used the blanket yarn to make her tennis shoes and she didnt have to make all them soles the yarn is cushy enough so you just have to make the 1 =i hope this helps lulu12

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-01-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like