Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Purchased Patterns

Have a question for everyone. If you make an item by using a purchased pattern is it allowed to be posted on Crochet Talk?
    If someone would like the pattern are we allowed to add a link to where we purchased the pattern? I a not a professional
    crocheter or knitter and do use free and purchased patterns.
    Please advise or express your opinions. Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! IMHO I would post the link to a purchased pattern. Free pattern I would mention the name of the designer. On patterns I have purchased I have found a note from the designer asking to not give away the pattern. Hope this helps. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes thank you. On another crochet/knit forum I had posted a completed vest and mentioned it was done using a bought pattern, I also listed the link to where it could be purchased.
    Another forum user, not the owner of the forum but another knitter, told me to not post projects that use purchased patterns. I did thank them for their in-put but have discontinued
    using that forum. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to post projects I have completed even if using a purchased pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see no problem with posting photo of completed project. It would be free advertising for the pattern maker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Feel free to post pictures of patterns you have completed. Also, if you know where you received the pattern from feel free to add that information as well.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to Barbara G, the moderator and imalefty. I thank you both for kind replys, I shall post pictures of completed projects and links to the patterns, so many are free patterns. I am not sure why the person on the other site replyed saying do not, she was not the moderator but since she left such a negative reply I removed myself from that site. I love to share and will always try to list where I purchased the pattern or found the free pattern.