Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Help!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!!!!!!!

I have started a blanket project a year and half ago. I need to finish 90 granny squares and the stitch them all together.

I just noticed though that out of the 90 I have done 50 wrong!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!-image-jpg

They Are supposed to look like the one on the right in this picture

Help!!!!!!!!-image-jpg

What should I do??? Is there any way to salvage this or do I need to start from square one (literally)

Post Thanks / Like
    if it was me i would rip out the bad ones and fix them

Post Thanks / Like
    layout all motifs and rearrange in a different pattern - I would not rip out 50 motifs - just make your own pattern .

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would take the 50 that I did 'wrong'.....add more and make another afghan out of them. Make more to make an afghan out of the ones done correctly. You may have to buy more yarn. The main thing is.....don't fret about it. They can be salvaged. If you rip them, you will little bits and pieces of unusable yarn. That would be a big waste of yarn and time,
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 06-23-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i read that wrong i thought she meant she skipped some stitches or added too many i notice from the picture one hex is larger than the other-one hex has 5 sides the other has 6

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have enough yarn then you can make more of them the right way. The ones that were done wrong, don't frog them - my opinion. The one's that you did wrong can always be used for something else. You could even crochet 2 together (like you're putting squares together) and keep adding another hexagon until you have a circle and then put a piece of yarn on top for a Christmas ornament or they could be angel wings and you could get a wooden ball for the head and draw a face on it and cut out a piece of colored paper for a sheet music and write Silent Night on it or something and make it like a person holding the sheet music or just roll it up and see what it looks like. Use your imagination.

Post Thanks / Like
    50 is a lot to do over. Is there any way you can make changes in the pattern enough to turn what you have done wrong into a lapghan, then start over with the 90 correct ones for pattern you were going for in the beginning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone! I'm making up a second pattern now and will just have to start the project over

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking that you could take the smaller hexagon and put a border on it to create six sides. You may also need to put a small border on the larger one - just so they'll fit together.

Another option would be to put a border on the smaller one to make it the same size as the larger one, BUT two sides of the 5-sided motif would have to be corrected so they would be straight (it would look like a house). Put the base of 2 houses together (mirror image) and make a row of these. On either side of this row, you can attach the 6-sided motifs. Certainly you could play with the arrangement, but you'd end up with one row of mirror-image houses alternating with one (or more) rows of the 6-sided motif. I think this is a better thought than remaking 50 motifs, and you could use a different yarn for the border if you chose, if you're running short of the yarn you've already used.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen a pattern for different sizes in the same afghan ...kinda like a crazy quilt , where you have a lot of different sizes of blocks. Maybe if you can crochet around each one of all the wrong blocks making them all the same size, using a completely different color for the correcting border.Then set them together as one crazy quilt afghan. Other than that idea I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't try to rip out 50 Blocks , specially if you have worked the ends in on each block as you made them. I hope you can use them some way...Best of luck to you! redhead/Patty