Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Crochet animals

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet animals

Hi everyone,

I could do with your expert crafting knowledge. I have seen these tiny adorable crochet animals floating around the internet and I'd love to make some but I don't know where to start. How do they make them so small? Apparently they're all handmade but I can't find crochet hooks small enough.

Moved Permanently

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I just now googled tiny crochet animals. There are books telling how to make them. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks like a good place to start - Kim Lapsley Crochets: Some Basics on Micro-crochet
    Last edited by Nova55; 05-29-2016 at 02:20 PM. Reason: url didn't work

Post Thanks / Like
    Most that small are crocheted with sewing thread and the smallest steel hook (maybe a sz. 14)

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my crochet hooks from Walmart that are that small and you deal with the hundred percent cotton thread that's usually called Aunt liddys. It's something I know that but I pretty sure it's that name because I have tons of it I have two huge tubs full of it and escalates from different sizes and usually you start with those little animals usually is in size either 3 or 5 sometimes it's just a really soft yarn and if you cannot find a soft yarn you don't have to go out and buy baby aren't you can take your regular Red Heart yarn and when you're finished with your project you go and you rinse it under cold water put a fair amount of conditioner in it and rub it all around and let it sit for about maybe 5-10 minutes then you let it sit in cold weather again for about probably about a half an hour then you put it in a cold gentle cycle in your washing machine and then the gentle cycle and your dryer and that will soften up the yard so it's not so hard and then it becomes like baby soft yarn I hope that information helps
    *~*Christina*~*

Post Thanks / Like
    Look for arguami patterns.