Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Heart throb blanket

I am working on the Heart Throb Blanket by Marly Bird. It is a graph worked from corner to corner. All was going well until I got to row 55 when the decreasing began. Now I can't get the stitches to match the graph....huh?? I have spent untold hours on trying to figure this out. I even started over with new colors, was having a ball, and then row 55. I tried to fake it for another 5 rows, adding and subtracting to make things line up, but I knew that was a bad idea. HELP. What am I not seeing?

Post Thanks / Like

Heart Throb blanket

I, too, am having the exact same problem with the Heart Throb Blanket starting with the first decrease row, row 56. I have frogged this I don't know how many times and was about to start all over but will rethink that idea. Don't want to waste the yarn and end up with the same issue. There has never been a pattern that I either couldn't eventually figure out or get help with until this one. It's very frustrating! Can anyone reading this help us? It's not about how to decrease when doing a C2C but how to read the pattern as written and have the block count turn out correctly. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Heart Throb Blanket

Quote Originally Posted by iamjingles View Post
    I, too, am having the exact same problem with the Heart Throb Blanket starting with the first decrease row, row 56. I have frogged this I don't know how many times and was about to start all over but will rethink that idea. Don't want to waste the yarn and end up with the same issue. There has never been a pattern that I either couldn't eventually figure out or get help with until this one. It's very frustrating! Can anyone reading this help us? It's not about how to decrease when doing a C2C but how to read the pattern as written and have the block count turn out correctly. Thank you.
    Like you, I have never had a pattern I couldn't figure out. And I was crazy enough, and so frustrated to the max, that I did start all over. After so much ripping out I can't imagine why the yarn is holding together, I kind of have it under control.......I hope. The pattern is working out well now, I'm just not sure if my edges are as they should be. The trick: decrease at the end of 55, increase on 56. dec 57, inc 58 etc. I follow the graph literally block by block. I am on row 63 now; I will let you know how it is working out. Any suggestions from readers is MUCH appreciated.

4. Thanks iamjingles thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that, too, decreasing end of Row 55, etc. I still must have done something wrong. You have given me hope and will try one more time. If you are on row 65 it should be clear sailing. Good luck and will look forward to your next progress report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you INCREASE on opposing rows. The directions don't say anything about that. I am still a little confused about "skip the last space" beginning row 62. Hopefully two great minds can figure this out!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Have you done this one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry Gal View Post
    Yes. Have you done this one?
    Hi Mayberry Gal,
    No, I haven't done this one but where are you having problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    Once I began decreasing the pattern would NOT line up with the graph. After much unraveling, I discovered if I start my dec one row later than the pattern calls for it works out.....plus I learned to increase AND decrease on those 7 transitional rows (another instruction not in the pattern.) Now that I am past that I am enjoying the pattern again.

11. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyway you can contact Marly and let her know the trouble you have run in to and how you were able to work around it. Lovely afghan and look forward to seeing your finished project.