Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Colors of yarn

Post Thanks / Like

Colors of yarn

I want to use up the yarn I have in the house. I'm working on a plastic canvas Easter Lily Cross. They didn't have enough yarn in the kit. I ran out of white and using a white that I have that's close to the shade of white in the kit. I ran out of light blue and found one close to that color but it's a bit darker. I ran out of dark blue and don't really have the same color but it's further down that it wouldn't really matter. I ran out of lavender and I don't have that color except very little in the variegated yarn. My husband says I could buy lavender at the store but I'd like to be able to use the yarn that I have here but I want it to look nice. Maybe I'll end up buying yarn but if I buy a lavender yarn then I might as well buy a dark blue yarn and if I need any other colors. Don't get me wrong. I do like to buy yarn but I'd rather use up the yarn in the house if I can - if it's the right color.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a tough call without seeing it, but it sounds like you might need to buy a little yarn on sale if you can find it, or maybe just change the colors you're using all together. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be pretty no matter what you decide to do!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-27-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished it, except for the embroidery floss for the outline and putting the felt on for the backing and putting the yarn on for a wall hanging.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had decided on 5 more colors of yarn and then decided that I only needed 3 colors. I got one from Meijers and then went to Hobby Lobby and got all 3 colors close to the shade of the color. I wouldn't of needed to get the one at Meijers. The black embroidery floss, well, there wasn't enough of that in the kit either so I used some embroidery floss that I had. When we were in Hobby Lobby and had gotten the yarn, my husband wanted to look around a bit and then saw some cardstock and said 'Didn't you say you needed this?' So I got some paper and then went back cause I didn't know which pkg. of paper I wanted so my husband said 'Get both of them. Happy Birthday' My birthday is in April.