Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Crochet dress

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet dress

Hello everyone. A few years ago, I crochet a beautiful dress. It was 18 mo size, but when I finished I thought it would be about a size 3. My greatgranddaughter is 3 and she has just grown into it except it is too short and she wants great grandma to make her another. She loves to dance in it. I looked up the pattern and it only had directions up to 24 months. I looked at dresses in the childrens group but did not find one that is exactly like the first one. Is there anyone who can tell me how to make this same dress, only a size bigger? I sure would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you. Liz

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to use a slightly heavier weight yarn and a larger hook to increase the gauge size therefore making the dress larger? I don't know if it will work out but I find that because I crochet loosely, I end up with a larger item than the pattern calls for. This ends up as a blessing for many things I make are donated to charity where various sizes are appreciated.
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

3. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Shelly I think that is how I ended up making the size that I did, was using a heavier yarn. Just thought there might be a way to do it some other way. Thanks again, much appreciated for any help I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck...I know you'll come up with the perfect solution for a perfect dress. There are so many knowledgeable people on here that I'm sure you'll get the right information Have a great day!
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....