Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again! The yarn I think you are looking for is called "Loops & Threads Chunky". This might be one of those yarns that are made specifically for Michaels but I'm not sure. If you search the Michaels website under Yarn you have to click on "specialty" to get to this yarn. Another yarn that looks very close is Paton's "Cobbles" but the Chunky is more....I think the word might be fluffy....than the Paton's Cobbles. Both of these yarns are thicker, but not heavier, than t-shirt yarns I've seen and they are not cotton. I hope this solves the mystery. Good luck with this project. I hope you'll post pics for us to enjoy
    Have a great day
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Megcsti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful hat

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal this Hat is a Warm one and very pretty colors. Nice you have help finding this yarn. Love to see & hear how it goes.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Seashells_Shelly -- Hi nice to see you back, I have to go check this yarn out. I could never do as my OA is in the way. Thanks for the info.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sssooooo happy to see you again!!!!! I haven't been on here in so long but I'm slowly trying to return to some sense of a normal life. Feb 16, 2014 I fell on an icy step and shattered all the bones in my left ankle...hospital for 11 days...rehab facility for 11 more days and 4 months staying on first floor of house. Gradually got to be pretty good but then I wasn't able to walk anymore. Ends up two vertebrae in my back were pushing on my spinal cord. Feb 16, 2015 ended up having a double back operation. I was given 4 shots of narcan and still didn't come out of anesthesia. I was in a very black and bad place for the most part of the next 24 hours. Don't want to go there again. So I could only take extra strength Tylenol for pain from the surgery. I must be a tuff old bird to do that. I am still under the surgeon's care but I have my one year appt. on Feb 16, 2016. Maybe he'll release me. But having problems with ankle again and my family dr. checked it yesterday and I have to have an x-ray...he can feel some of the screws and wants to get an x-ray to see if I need to go back to the dr. that operated on my ankle. My red dachshund died Dec 18, 2014....he was my baby and I was in bad shape. Then 3 days after my back surgery, my daughters family packs a big truck and they move to Georgia!!!! My husband and I are still somewhat in shock missing our daughter and 3 granddaughters. I still feel shattered and broken but Pastor Joe keeps me hanging in there and so does my family dr. That's why I haven't been doing anything. I did take up sewing again and have made some nice dresses that are very comfy and I started crocheting again not long ago. But I missed you so much ....not allowed to do steps to get to puter for a long time. Hubby got me a laptop but I like my big puter so much better. Love you, Susan <3
    Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly!
    Thank you so much for your specific instructions on how to find the yarn! I appreciate every detail! On another note, sounds like you've had a very rough few years...I'm sorry to hear about that, but glad you're out here helping people like me with things! =•) I will definitely keep everyone here in the 'loop' with my project. Of course in the meanwhile I started crocheting rainbow hearts for my daughters for Valentine's Day. Stay well, and hope your yearly appointment goes well!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your positive thoughts. I really do appreciate that. Your daughters are lucky to have you making special projects for them. My 3 granddaughters still have their crib blankets I made for them and they still cuddle with them. They are 12, 8 and 6 now. I used to do crafts with them but since they've moved to Georgia, we miss doing crafts and just being together.
    I am hoping for great report from my back surgeon and I truly hope he will release me as a patient. He is a very good surgeon and I like him as my surgeon, I just want to get on with my life. I think if he releases me, I'll be allowed to increase my activities. Maybe I can find an old person Zumba class to help me get back in shape....lol. Nice to get to know you. Super great luck with your project. I'm curious to hear how that yarn is to work with. I would think you'd have a lot of problems with it splitting if you don't have a large enough hook. I make baby beanies for charity and love to do so.
    Have a great day
    Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see the post with the name of the yarn I think was used for the hat? If not, I'm pretty sure it's Loops & Threads Chunky.
    Have a great day
    Shelly