Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you ever get tired of crocheting?

For me it's one project after another and at some point I have to take a break from crocheting;And sometimes I still crochet when I should be taking a break from crocheting. There are so many things that I want to crochet that when I'm done with one project, and glad to be done with it, I start crocheting something else or continue crocheting something that I had started. Sometimes I might untangle yarn in-between projects or read in a book or something but I'm right back at it.

2. Likes LilWing4ever, Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie-
    I don't know about you, but I have arthritis and ulnar nerve damage in both elbows. I can't sew much anymore so crocheting is my only vice now.
    There are days I don't want to crochet because of the pain involved but I can't get enough of crochet. I love seeing the project evolve infront of my eyes. It's like magic!
    I have a 5 shelf bookcase full of patterns and I figure it will take me 50+ years to get them all made. Hope I still have my eyesight at 100+! LOL

4. Thanks tulip thanked for this post
    Likes justplainjudy, Lissacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you should bring up this subject. I LOVE LOVE LOVE crochet, and I can actually feel a difference when I haven't crocheted for a couple days. Kind of an unsettled feeling. Which goes along with what is said about needlework changing your brain chemicals for the better, helping with depression, etc. However, after saying all that, I believe I've hit a wall. i have a bunch of projects that I can work on, but nothing I'm interested in doing, which is really weird for me. Most of the time I have to discipline myself to write down a pattern because I'm chomping at the bit to begin the next project! So I think I need a break, and I've decided to try my hand at needle tatting (the newer version where you work the stitches on the needle). I saw there was such a thing as cro-tatting, but not a lot of instruction on that. Then I saw that cro-tatting was really the same as needle tatting, except you use a tatting crochet hook instead of the needle. Actually I thought about this last year, but I thought tatting was done only with a shuttle, and the photos I saw put me off because I'm not so sure I'm that coordinated! My research also revealed that once you get good enough, the shuttle tatting patterns can be understood by a needle tatter, so I wouldn't be short-changing myself if I don't learn how to use a shuttle. On to new adventures!
    Do you ever get tired of crocheting?-tatted-angel-jpg

6. Thanks tulip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I switch back and forth with my crafting. I do a lot of crafts. Currently, quilting, knitting, drawing (published a coloring book),crocheting and making rugs. I teach beginner crochet and how to make a "toothbrush rug". Always busy making something.

8. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful angel. I have tried needle tatting. A friend gave a few of us instruction. We all made a cute little ornament. Not too hard, but I don't need another craft to add to my already busy crafting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    Funny you should bring up this subject. I LOVE LOVE LOVE crochet, and I can actually feel a difference when I haven't crocheted for a couple days. Kind of an unsettled feeling. Which goes along with what is said about needlework changing your brain chemicals for the better, helping with depression, etc. However, after saying all that, I believe I've hit a wall. i have a bunch of projects that I can work on, but nothing I'm interested in doing, which is really weird for me. Most of the time I have to discipline myself to write down a pattern because I'm chomping at the bit to begin the next project! So I think I need a break, and I've decided to try my hand at needle tatting (the newer version where you work the stitches on the needle). I saw there was such a thing as cro-tatting, but not a lot of instruction on that. Then I saw that cro-tatting was really the same as needle tatting, except you use a tatting crochet hook instead of the needle. Actually I thought about this last year, but I thought tatting was done only with a shuttle, and the photos I saw put me off because I'm not so sure I'm that coordinated! My research also revealed that once you get good enough, the shuttle tatting patterns can be understood by a needle tatter, so I wouldn't be short-changing myself if I don't learn how to use a shuttle. On to new adventures!
    Do you ever get tired of crocheting?-tatted-angel-jpg
    Hi Nova55,
    did you make that angel? It's very pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carynjoyb,
    What in the world is a 'toothbrush rug'?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just switch from craft to craft. I do crochet, plastic canvas, painting, jewelry, ornaments, embroidery, cross stitch, making things out of stuff I have around the house, floral, latch hook and sewing. There are few more types I would like to learn. I get so much joy out of seeing the finished projects no matter what I am doing.

13. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When crocheting gets 'old' I go for embroidery. It seems that embroidery or thread crochet is for summer and yarn is for winter.

15. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Carynjoyb,
    What in the world is a 'toothbrush rug'?
    LOL......its a rag rug made with strips of fabric. Woven with a large needle that was originally made with an old toothbrush.
    You can Google it.

17. Likes Lissacc liked this post