Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job. hope tatting makes you happy

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova55,
    You're doing good in tatting. That is a colorful bookmark you made for your Mom. Enjoy your time with her while she's still here.

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    I just switch from craft to craft. I do crochet, plastic canvas, painting, jewelry, ornaments, embroidery, cross stitch, making things out of stuff I have around the house, floral, latch hook and sewing. There are few more types I would like to learn. I get so much joy out of seeing the finished projects no matter what I am doing.
    Sonnetta, you sound like me! I am into all kids of crafts! And I have been saving my little fruit cups , after I suck the juice out of them and eat the fruit... with the intention of making a string of lights for my deck. Every time I empty an ice cream container I clean it up and add I to my stack, including the lids....they make cute little buckets when painted or decopauged for little girls to put their trinkets in . I add a braided handle to them thru a hole in each end. (Blue Bunny ice cream oval shaped containers) My house is full of "stuff" that I save for future projects. Right now I have another crochet project I am working on and. a quilt that I am just busting my chops t get back to! I can't just sit down and sit still...gotta keep my hands busy! I am taking a project with me to ARk while we are traveling. My son will do all the driving so I will crochet all the way there until I gets too dark to see my work! I will get to visit my great grandchildren that I have only seen in pictures. My little great granddaughter just turned 1 year old and is walking now. The baby boy is a few months old now. I stopped at the $ store and picked up a doll and a little teddy bear to coax them into letting me hold them . Hope it works! Love, Patty

6. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    Have fun on your trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never tire of crocheting. My left hand gets numb, so I put Sombra on it and a rubber glove for a bit and shortly, the feeling is back in my hand. Now I call that love loving crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Sonnetta, you sound like me! I am into all kids of crafts! And I have been saving my little fruit cups , after I suck the juice out of them and eat the fruit... with the intention of making a string of lights for my deck. Every time I empty an ice cream container I clean it up and add I to my stack, including the lids....they make cute little buckets when painted or decopauged for little girls to put their trinkets in . I add a braided handle to them thru a hole in each end. (Blue Bunny ice cream oval shaped containers) My house is full of "stuff" that I save for future projects. Right now I have another crochet project I am working on and. a quilt that I am just busting my chops t get back to! I can't just sit down and sit still...gotta keep my hands busy! I am taking a project with me to ARk while we are traveling. My son will do all the driving so I will crochet all the way there until I gets too dark to see my work! I will get to visit my great grandchildren that I have only seen in pictures. My little great granddaughter just turned 1 year old and is walking now. The baby boy is a few months old now. I stopped at the $ store and picked up a doll and a little teddy bear to coax them into letting me hold them . Hope it works! Love, Patty
    I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and I pray the Lord will keep you safe. It will be so wonderful to see your grandchildren that you never saw before. I still have not seen my oldest son's daughter and she is one and it has been at least 3 years since I saw his boys. I am praying God will intervene and allow them back into my life again. I do get to see my youngest son's kids. His daughter is one now and is just learning to stand on her own and Caiden is 2 and walking all over the place and getting into everything. My 8 year old grandson lives with me temporarily along with his mom. Grandchildren are such a joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda G. View Post
    I never tire of crocheting. My left hand gets numb, so I put Sombra on it and a rubber glove for a bit and shortly, the feeling is back in my hand. Now I call that love loving crochet.
    Hi Linda,
    Sometimes I wear the thergonomic gloves but not as much as I used to. Sombra must be a cream. I crochet everyday - it used to be just at night but I've been crocheting during the day too. I read that you can put a rubber band at the end of your crochet hook. I tried it on one of my crochet hooks but I don't always use that crochet hook. I have another rubber band that I set out on my crocheting table. I think the rubber band is from the rubber band they put around broccoli. I have grips on some of the crochet hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

Linda G.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Linda,
    Sometimes I wear the thergonomic gloves but not as much as I used to. Sombra must be a cream. I crochet everyday - it used to be just at night but I've been crocheting during the day too. I read that you can put a rubber band at the end of your crochet hook. I tried it on one of my crochet hooks but I don't always use that crochet hook. I have another rubber band that I set out on my crocheting table. I think the rubber band is from the rubber band they put around broccoli. I have grips on some of the crochet hooks.
    Hi Jean Marie, yes Sombra is a cream or lotion. It helps many aches and pains. Amazon carries it. I will have to try the rubber band. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new hooks at JoAnn's called Amour, have a thick rubber cusion on the end you grip, and they have helped my hands immensely.
    Works much better than a rubber band, plus if you have a cat or dog, you don't want rubber bands around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think I got tired of crochet but gave it up a bit since I moved to a new apartment
    even plastic canvas went by the wayside--Don't know why
    Thank goodness a dear friend comes over and she crochets in front of me to get me going
    Have a list to make for next year and have 2 new Great Grandaughters to crochet for
    So after the holidays are over will get my hooks and yarn busy again

Also get involved in Crochet talk again --have missed you all

Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year

Hestoria ( Lillian )

14. Likes Susan2014 liked this post