Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    Yeah, I get tired of crochet at times. All I make are things that I donate to charities. I went to a church that actually had a group that met every Friday night to crochet or knit things for their Christmas ministry to the homeless. I don't go there anymore and I sure miss that group. I have found 1 group but everyone there is either making things for themselves or friends and families or they have their own charities they donate to. Sometimes I think about visiting them again but they meet during "Saddle-up Saturday" on INSP! I got hooked on this because some of the ladies from the church group which meets on Friday nights also watch the western and crochet! LOL

Right now I crochet while watching CNN and FOX while trying to keep up with the Paris attacks.... my oldest son lives in Paris.
    I pray he is kept safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I pray he is kept safe.
    Thank you, I pray he stays safe. Today's Police Attack was on the way to his job and on the way home. I pray for him a lot. A few years ago he was attacked in the underground by some drunk guy claiming my son (who has blonde hair and blue eyes) is a Terrorist, he got stabbed but it didn't go deep. Wish he would come home but he said same stuff happens here in America. Well, maybe so, but not like what is happening in Paris! And not in my area. Of course I live in the midst of the world's largest military base so if someone wanted to wipe out half the East Coast this would be the perfect place to bomb.

Yes, I would say "The Book of Revelations" is coming to pass.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tat shuttle. I was wondering if you can share the pattern for your little angel?

Post Thanks / Like
    This angel isn't mine, but I did find the pattern on Pinterest - 24-a.JPG - Frivolitás-hajócsipke album - mami7090 képtára and this page 3-as.JPG - Frivolitás-hajócsipke album - mami7090 képtára This site looks very interesting - many photos and charted instructions. Also, the first 4 pages has another angel. I have to learn how to read the charts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Earlier this year, I fell and broke both the big bones in my wrist. It healed okay but affected my hand severely. It is still painful to crochet, but I do it for therapy. I don't enjoy it like I did before the fall. I am coloring now. It's fun but I wish I could get my crochet desire back!

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about your injury. It's no fun trying to do something if it hurts. Maybe tatting could be a second choice?

Post Thanks / Like

Not the issue for me...

My issue is not tiring of crochet. I don't seem to have the time to crochet as much as I want. My "breaks" come from competing demands.

Post Thanks / Like

tired of crocheting? hmmm..

Hi.

I can't say that I get tired of crocheting, but I do get tired of a big project and start on another one when I get a little bored with the first. When I first did this, I used to feel like I was falling into the trap of starting something and not finishing it. But I cut myself some slack and thought, "Who cares?" Whether I finish something or not is not really important. What is important to me is that I am doing something that is creative and using the time to not just gape at the television.

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, never get tired of crocheting. But I'm already tired of Xmas shopping. And it's only Dec 2!!! LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a crochet addict and practicing the art of crochet since 1957. Over the years I have done many crafts in addition to but never in place of crochet. No, I never get tired of crochet however, being an old lady now, I get tired doing crochet and have even fallen asleep in my chair with my project in my lap and a hook in my hand.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/