Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi Char, nice to hear from you! Are you making kiddie hats this year again,,, what have you been up to?!
    Hey Girlfriend!

Oh, geez, I've been crocheting my fingers right off! Yep, doing hats again. Already started. I've got just over 100 done already and still cranking them out. Did somewhere around 23, or maybe it's 25 (I lost count), prayer shawls/stoles/wraps for the Military Families Ministry. Gotta get them to the post office ASAP! Also made a few baby sets for them. They also want dish cloths and I really did try by making 4 of them. That's as many as I could get out of 2 balls of cotton yarn. They turned out really pretty but I just can't seem to dredge up any enthusiasm for my work being plunged into dirty dish water so I don't think I'll be making any more. Do you make dish cloths?

How have you been doing? I read on one of the posts that you broke your foot? Just how did you do that? And are you all healed now (pun intended)?

I have a temporary house guest staying in my spare bedroom. She's 32 now but I met her and her sister when that were walking home from the grade school up the street from where I live. They were about 7 and 8 years old. Shortly after meeting them I discovered they were living in an unbelievably abusive situation so I spent as much time with them as possible, helping with homework, baking, sewing and of course teaching them to crochet. And keeping them safe. They soon started calling me "mom" and still do. So, for a lady who never had children, somehow I have 2 daughters. Go figure. She'll be here until she can find a job, get a car and then find her own place to live. I like having her here, she's good company, stays out of the way and helps me with various chores.

Let me know what you've been up to.

Char

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARCREATES View Post
    Hey Girlfriend!

Oh, geez, I've been crocheting my fingers right off! Yep, doing hats again. Already started. I've got just over 100 done already and still cranking them out. Did somewhere around 23, or maybe it's 25 (I lost count), prayer shawls/stoles/wraps for the Military Families Ministry. Gotta get them to the post office ASAP! Also made a few baby sets for them. They also want dish cloths and I really did try by making 4 of them. That's as many as I could get out of 2 balls of cotton yarn. They turned out really pretty but I just can't seem to dredge up any enthusiasm for my work being plunged into dirty dish water so I don't think I'll be making any more. Do you make dish cloths?

How have you been doing? I read on one of the posts that you broke your foot? Just how did you do that? And are you all healed now (pun intended)?

I have a temporary house guest staying in my spare bedroom. She's 32 now but I met her and her sister when that were walking home from the grade school up the street from where I live. They were about 7 and 8 years old. Shortly after meeting them I discovered they were living in an unbelievably abusive situation so I spent as much time with them as possible, helping with homework, baking, sewing and of course teaching them to crochet. And keeping them safe. They soon started calling me "mom" and still do. So, for a lady who never had children, somehow I have 2 daughters. Go figure. She'll be here until she can find a job, get a car and then find her own place to live. I like having her here, she's good company, stays out of the way and helps me with various chores.

Let me know what you've been up to.

Char
    Char, I didn't break my foot, thank goodness, since I don't need any more pain! I did have surgery on my knee for torn cartilage, that might be what you're thinking about.It will never stop hurting with the Fibromyalgia and all the OsteoArthritis, I've been taking Craftsy classes and then practicing what I learned in them. I've made tons of things and have posted pics of a lot of it in here... you've been busy too, do you have addresses or deadlines for the military items needed? I'm not overloaded with yarn and I do donate locally during the holidays, but I like to help when I can. I do make hand towels for the bathroom and kitchen towels too, but I use brushes and sponges to wash the dishes that can't go into the dishwasher. Dale & I had our 23rd anniversary in Sept, his is our 2nd, best and last marriage for both of us!!! I organized some crocheted items made by our wonderful Crochet Talk ladies for Linda Mitzner's mother who has cancer and is going thru chemo, so that was a nice thing to be involved in. So many people in here donated so many wonderful things!! Take care of those hands & wrists when you crochet so much ifor so long! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on your win

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, Just seeing and Im so glad you won. Sounds like your so busy. Are you tiring your self out?? Wer the the loads of Fun?

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,

Your knee surgery must have been what I was thinking. Hope you're all better.

Congrats on your 23rd anniversary. December will be 26 for Keith and me. Just to keep him on his toes I tell him regularly that my next husband will be sane. LOL! He just laughs and says OK.

I found out about the Military Families Ministry from the Lion Brand website. Their purpose is to comfort the spouses and families of our soldiers who have been hurt or killed. They don't have any deadlines for donations and I like the fact that they don't solicit money from me. Charities can have my time and my talents but very rarely do I send money. Their address is:

Military Families Ministry
    ℅ Tracie Ciambotti
    338 S. 3rd Street
    Bellwood, Pa. 16617
    Phone: 814-880-7206

Many years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia but I didn't believe it then and still don't believe it because I crochet like a crazy lady and it has never bothered me. I do, however, have a big ole ganglion cyst on my right wrist. It doesn't hurt but every few years it gets pretty big. So I go to my doctor to have it drained and I end up adding one or two more words to his dirty word vocabulary. Good gosh does that hurt!

Take care of yourself, Girlfriend!

Love,
    Char

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Once I won dinner for 8 couples, 16 ppl, at Red Lobster on a radio show!
    If I lived nearby I'd run over to rub your head for luck. I have NEVER won anything!! I had stopped entering for a while, but with you on a streak, maybe your luck will be contagious. Seriously, congratulations!!

Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Susan! Enjoy the book and the new projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I've won big name concert tickets off the radio many many times. I even won backstage passes for a concert once.

Shelley
    Almost anything free is fun, isn't it?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARCREATES View Post
    You're really a lucky lady! Congrats!
    Thx! Now I'm hoping to win some no 2 & 3 weight yarns, esp 2, lol! Some #1 would be good as well. I'm trying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats & I hope u show us pics soon!!