Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  55
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

thx!

Quote Originally Posted by little drummer View Post
    Susan your jewelry is exquisite. I am so sorry for all your troubles. I will pray that God will wrap you in his arms and give you the strength to handle what comes your way. Sending you (((HUGS)))

Thank you little drummer, I'm glad you liked my jewelry! I have some beads left over from my supplies that I plan to use on some crochet pieces soon. Thank you too for your kind words of encouragement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixie, you are a very strong lovely Lady. Someone said: 'If your life went to pieces, pick them up and make a beautiful blanket' - and you did it!
    Feeling important helps to copy with depression as well as some accomplishments, even the smallest. When I feel sown, I get the hook and crochet a square or hotpod from start to finish; or clean refrigirator , or spend some time in the yard trimming shrubs... Just to occupy mind and time with other things so I can get out of feeling down.
    Remember, you are on this planet for a reason and are a very important person, and here you have many friends who loves you! Happy Crocheting! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vickat Im glad you have friends / maybe ? I have only on-line. Donating is my way of crocheting and being an Angel 1 or 2 a month. I make things & toss in with pattern, some really appreciate that. Makes me smile & warm inside. Id love to chat anytime by Chat Room / PM as phone calls is hard Im now deaf in 1 ear and 60% in Right. Keep doing as you and Hubby do to be Happy. Yarn & hooks dont hurt?? Take Care & a 91 yr Aunt God Bless her. Hubby is blind in 1 eye & losing slowly in good eye+++++, he still keeps doing. I toss a pile of towels yesterday & he was happy to do it. I have him do things I think he can do not so much wants to. He cried (1st time) other day -- I cant help you. My cast is off & hurts aweful as Im doing to much. I wont let him know all time. He ordered a pizza last night & had delivered never told me, made me teary eyed. Sorry can tell Im lonely. Im sure some think its enough of this. God Bless & Love & Hugs Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I also suffer from depression. Crochet is one thing that helps keep my mind and hands occupied. I crochet for charity and work on hats, baby afghans, and other small things. Some days are better than others, but I always try to have a supply of yarn on hand because there are times even leaving the house can be a problem. That way I always have yarn and hooks on hand to work on projects.

5. Likes Patt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Our Bible Study is 'FIGHT BACK WITH JOY'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Am I the only one who finds great comfort in crocheting, when I'm feeling so down and depressed? Four years ago, I went through a lot of tragedy in my life, and that was when I picked up my crochet hook again. At the time, I hadn't crocheted for about 20 years. It very quickly became my new passion.

Because I've suffered from major depression, debilitating depression, for most of my life, I know all about it. Some days, it's all I can do to focus on making a 6 inch square, or two. They work up quickly, and it makes me feel productive.

I'm curious about your thoughts on the subject of Crocheting your way through depression.

Hugs to all,
    Shelley
    Shelley,
    I am in the process of coming off of antidepressants that I have been on for various reasons: depression, panic disorder, fibromyalgia. I go through periods of gotta crochet and periods of not crocheting. It is very helpful though.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    Shelley,
    I am in the process of coming off of antidepressants that I have been on for various reasons: depression, panic disorder, fibromyalgia. I go through periods of gotta crochet and periods of not crocheting. It is very helpful though.
    merseaone, I completely understand. I work full time and don't have a lot of free time during the week. Still, I crochet almost every evening. Crocheting especially helps me get through the weekends. My 2 grown boys, and all of my family live far away from me. That only adds to the depression, and loneliness, that I sometimes feel. Sometimes, just the feel of the yarn and hook in my hand get me through the sad moments.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I have major depression and am bipolar as well. I crochet a lot, but there are days the depression is so bad I cannot pick up a hook or edit the novels I have written so I can self-publish them. It takes a lot of effort to get out of bed and pick up the hook, but when I can, I start slowly and do a little here and there and after a bit start to get a chance to breathe again. I am on medication and it is a life-saver as I am suicidally bent, but I have gotten a semi-colon tattoo that reminds me every day not to give in to the thoughts of it. Crocheting for others is what I do mostly; I just finished my first corner to corner baby blanket and gave it to my best friend's daughter for her new son; now I am crocheting a thick dog coat for a short-haired german pointer dog. I do try to keep busy; if i'm not crocheting I'm editing my books or loom knitting. I go to a therapy class where I am working on a poncho; that one will take me a while! But it's a class project and is a good focus while in a group, which makes me nervous (at least it's small). So as you can see, I do crochet for depression. It may take a bit to get to but I do it. Thank you for all your posts and stories, they were inspiring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there,Pat! There are many of us out in the world who must find reasons to go on! I try to make just one person smile each day and then I feel I have contributed something good to humankind. As you said even picking up the hook is difficult at times-but do it anyway. Will keep you in my thoughts! imalefty

11. Thanks Patt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am amazed, and saddened also, that so many of you suffer from major depression, too. It can be a debilitating disease. I work full time and many days, it's so difficult to just face the day. I take 3 different medications for severe depression, and they help me immensely. I've been on antidepressants for over 20 years and I'm so grateful for them, and for my excellent doctor. I've also been seeing the same counselor for the past 10 years, on a regular basis. She's been a godsend for me, and I love her dearly. She's seen me through a lot over the years. I am a firm believer that depression medication and counseling go hand-in-hand. For those of you who do not have a counselor, I highly encourage you to see one. It could make a huge, positive difference in your life.

Hugs,
    Shelley