Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Filet crochet

Post Thanks / Like

Filet crochet

Preparing for my first attempt at filet crochet using a graph. Intimidating. Advice/tips anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I love filet crochet making only filet items during last years. Just start and follow chart! Good luck
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the follow the chart and you won't have any trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Filet Croch et

just remember the open squares are open on your work and closed squares are filled with stitches and I'd make a larger chart to follow, and draw a line through the parts that you have done so you can keep up with your work. It's my first time doing a filet crochet too and I just got done doing a tapestry for the first time! I discovered a larger chart to follow and cross off was a good thing to have to follow. I plan on doing that with my filet pattern too. Good luck with yours!

Post Thanks / Like
    One stitch at a time, if you don't try to get ahead of yourself you will be fine. Try making a copy [enlarged , if you can,] use a colored pencil to line off the row you have just finished off, and relax. The easiest thing about it is you can take it out and redo it without hurting anything but may be a bit of pride but the the whole thing is very rewarding in the end if you let yourself relax with it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If the chart is not mirror image ( both sides the same) then mark the direction you are crocheting with an arrow on each line . Big chart and cross off the rows as you finish them.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lori,
    I love working filet crochet. The only problem I have with it is forgetting to chain 2 sometimes. Then, when I realize what I've done, I have to rip it back out! I hate ripping out, so I count a lot with filet. It helps me remember the ch2 and maybe it will help you too.
    We'd love to see your finished project!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like

filet charts

Hi Lori-
    I love charts and filet crochet . Everyone is right, enlarge the chart if you can. I use a highlighter so I can see what I have done and what is left to do. I also add directional arrows on the rows about every 5th or 10th depending on how large the diagram is. This helped immensely with keeping track. I also found at least for me, if I read the row first, then crochet it and then at the end double checked it (counting); I was less apt to have to rip out rows. Don't be afraid to rip them out, my first projects I still see the mistakes and wish I had ripped them out and started over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa- I tried to send you a private message,but not sure how. Can you help? Your work is absolutely beautiful!
    When do you find the time to create and filet? Hope you get this!
    Theresamae.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Theresamae. Click on my name at the left by left mouse button. You will see menu with "Private message" + Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן