Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question what to Do with Sashay yarn or Ruffle Yarn Other Then Scarfs?

I would like something To Do With My Sashay or Ruffle Yarn other then Make Scarfs.
    Thank you
    Karol259

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a post where someone used it for a toddler skirt or as a trim on a shirt but cd also be used as trim on anything pillow case..throw etc...whats your take on that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. Good to have you with us

4. Likes Karol259 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karol259,

After reading your post, I found myself checking to see how much sashay yarn I had because I saw a beautiful dress that I would love to add sashay to at the bottom and sleeve area...But I saw it being used as trimming on towels, dresses, even saw a skirt made out of sashay for a toddler..just let your imagination flow...Trimming an afghan in it will be my next task..Although it seems like double work but I will let you know how it turns out...Have a pleasant day filled with plenty of crocheting

Quote Originally Posted by Karol259 View Post
    I would like something To Do With My Sashay or Ruffle Yarn other then Make Scarfs.
    Thank you
    Karol259

6. Thanks Karol259 thanked for this post
    Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your suggestions. Please do let me know how your. Experiments with Sashay or ruffle yarn turn out. I hope I do find that I was afraid of using ruffle yarn as a trim on something that will be used often would make the item to delicate. Through your suggestions I think if I used it on something like a shawl or a Lacey sweater etc. it might work alright. Maybe I will try it on a throw pillow as edging on a pillow I use more more decoration then. Everyday use. Thank you again.
    karol259

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a photo I ran across several years ago. It is not mine! I just saved it for inspiration, I thought it was pretty. I may do this on a scarf with some sashay yarn I have on hand.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images what to Do with Sashay yarn or Ruffle Yarn Other Then Scarfs?-d7049e4632a4eb529bf17712ee0332e6-jpg 

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the idea I may try this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw it used on gloves and purses.

judy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The Hook and I

I needed to wear a brimmed straw hat to keep the sun off my face. I used a skein of Sashay to make a 'hat band', left part of it flowing off the back side from each end of the gathered 'yarn'. I added a couple of small flowers to complete decorating the band. Can't tell you how many compliments I received. No one had another one like it. {;0)

Post Thanks / Like