Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I made this purse for my niece with the sashay yarn. I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton for the purse. I crocheted rounds in back loops only and then added the ruffle to front loops to every third round.
    Attached Images Attached Images what to Do with Sashay yarn or Ruffle Yarn Other Then Scarfs?-image-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 5 skeins of red, green and white for a wreath. A 12" foam wreath was used. These were made up for the scarves, then wrapped around the form, used small straight pins on the back to hold them in place. I bought tiny little ornament s and put them on. It came out very pretty. I will try to post a picture of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow like the purse good idea. I would like to see the wreath.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made flowers and put them on flip flops.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    I saw a post where someone used it for a toddler skirt or as a trim on a shirt but cd also be used as trim on anything pillow case..throw etc...whats your take on that...
    This is all I can think of too, the trim is a good idea and to use it as edging is a great suggestion! And depending on the size, a scarf can be made to look kind of like a necklace. I've never used it myself, show us something when you use it!

Yall sure have come up with some creative ideas in here, and that handbag is so cute!!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-11-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

great idea

Quote Originally Posted by 3catlady View Post
    I used 5 skeins of red, green and white for a wreath. A 12" foam wreath was used. These were made up for the scarves, then wrapped around the form, used small straight pins on the back to hold them in place. I bought tiny little ornament s and put them on. It came out very pretty. I will try to post a picture of it.

I've made wreaths of lots of other things but I don't believe I'd have even thought of that, it's great to share ideas!

Post Thanks / Like

skirt

Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    I saw a post where someone used it for a toddler skirt or as a trim on a shirt but cd also be used as trim on anything pillow case..throw etc...whats your take on that...

Bennie, that's right. Now that you mention it, I have seen a skirt made of layered ruffles for little girls using that ruffly yarn! We have 5 yr old twin granddaughters and they have a 4 yr old stepsister, and I wish I'd thought of that before I made them all matching cowl and headbands for Christmas! They didn't take long to make and I used the fun yarns like eyelash type, a strand held with regular yarn, for their sets to give the pieces a fun & colorful dress up look! I made their 1 month old new brother that bib I posted recently, my 1st one... I didn't know how to crochet when all the others were born, but I make them things from time to time now. Otherwise, heck, I'm making stuff for me, lol, even tho I donate a bag of goodies at Christmas too. :
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-11-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by the hook and I View Post
    I needed to wear a brimmed straw hat to keep the sun off my face. I used a skein of Sashay to make a 'hat band', left part of it flowing off the back side from each end of the gathered 'yarn'. I added a couple of small flowers to complete decorating the band. Can't tell you how many compliments I received. No one had another one like it. {;0)
    What a great idea, I can imagine how nice that hat looked!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes This sound like another idea for Sashay Yarn. The Ruffle Scarves are not as popular up here any more and I hade bought about eight skeins of Sashay yarn so I was looking for different ideas to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcieb View Post
    I made this purse for my niece with the sashay yarn. I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton for the purse. I crocheted rounds in back loops only and then added the ruffle to front loops to every third round.

This is such a cute idea!