Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. My colors are darker and more of them. Someday I'd like the money to buy those beautiful colors . I need to learn to tone it down a bit. Anyway i was trying to be a little freer , need to include more neutrals.(note to self)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your colors! And your idea for a kitchen curtain, although that freeform in the first picture is very alluring. I like to follow the Pantone Fashion Color Report just to see what they're saying are the "in" colors, but it's just a guide. I've had this idea for bright colored circles attached to each other with chains of white, but I'm not sure if I should do a chain of white on the outside of each circle also. I decided to use Lion Brand Bonbons because I didn't want to block all those circles - those flowers were enough with the SD scarf - but I know that my idea would look great with Aunt Lydia's too.
    Right now I'm trying to get the patterns written for my latest scarf and scarf/table runner. I must find more discipline to write a little as I go, because going back to write the pattern challenges my brain way too much. Plus it's been very hot this week and I've been dealing with painful dental issues. But the cardiologist told me I wasn't broken yet - Yeah!

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to use what I have on these experiments. I like the looks of what you used for your scarf, does it feel as soft as it looks?when I do my next clothing project, I'll use lace yarn or bamboo thread for softness.
    Yeah,sure has been hot! Hard to think when its so hot , me too.
    Sorry to hear about dental problems, I'm a real dental phobe. This heat is hard on heart problems too. My husband has that and it worries me. Looks like it's going to get cooler, tomorrow, yeah.
    Last edited by Kitty; 08-30-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it looks like we'll have a few days of cooler weather. The heat stresses everything, and if you have a chronic health issue you're even more miserable. It's nice to get a break, although last summer and this summer so far really haven't been bad. As for the scarf, no, it isn't soft. If you use Aunt Lydia's or some other cotton thread, the scarf is going to be somewhat scratchy, so I would wear the scarf with a collared blouse tied very loosely around the neck. You wouldn't want to wear this up close to your skin. I know there are lace acrylic yarns that would be much softer. Michael's has their own brand, Loops & Threads Woolike, acrylic and nylon, $2.99 for 678 yards and they finally have some colors in stock. I bought quite a bit last year when it was on half-price sale, but the colors were limited. I haven't used it yet but it has very good reviews. I don't know how well it would work for the SD scarf, because the original scarf was made with a lace-weight cotton/linen thread which would give it more softness and drape.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of using Knitpicks Curio for a scarf if it's soft. Acrylic may be softer. I like natural fibers better they breathe and don't feel so warm. Don't know why I'm doing a scarf, I seldom wear them.
    Last edited by Kitty; 08-31-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Curio is softer than Aunt Lydia's, but it still isn't soft. I do agree the natural fibers breathe much better than the synthetics, so if you're making something for yourself you have to decide what warmth level you want. I do like scarves, but I still have hot flashes (!!!!!) and live in southern CA, so light and lacy is the only realistic option for me. Personally, I think the SD Nitro Linen scarf pattern could be used as valance/curtains, table runner or under a table centerpiece, a mantel or dresser scarf, or a delicate edging for a plain scarf. Or you could keep going with it and make a rectangular shawl. That was my original idea, but I lost patience and it ended up as a scarf!

7. Thanks Kitty thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I'm at the age when I decorate the house not my clothes,Lol. I like your bunny buddies. I did a Blue Bunny ( the Fave crafts pattern is so cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen that bunny before - very cute. I bet it would look great in clothes. I have a picture of a mouse dressed up in a marching band uniform and a hamster in a vest that would make good amigurumi. When I find the time!