Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch this video

or at least watch the first part of the video. Have you ever seen something like this what she does at the beginning of video? She makes a slip knot and then does a single crochet.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    or at least watch the first part of the video. Have you ever seen something like this what she does at the beginning of video? She makes a slip knot and then does a single crochet.

Jean Marie
    Though it looked odd because it was left-handed but I haven't seen the sc into the loop before. Looks like the Elmore method.

You can see a lot of chainless crochet. Google it or Bing it.
    Last edited by Su O; 07-09-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Su O View Post
    Though it looked odd because it was left-handed but I haven't seen the sc into the loop before. Looks kind of like the Elmore method.
    You can see a lot of chainless crochet. Google it or Bing it. Ignore this post. I can't seem to delete it.
    Last edited by Su O; 07-09-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post

Jean Marie
    I can't really see the thread well and she's left handed on top of it, but it looks like a Magic Circle she's starting out with, does it look like one to anyone else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I agree with you. It seems to be the magic circle. I haven't perfected that yet, but I keep on trying. The thread has to be wrapped the right number of times to be able to pull it together. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't!!
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    I can't really see the thread well and she's left handed on top of it, but it looks like a Magic Circle she's starting out with, does it look like one to anyone else?
    Yes, I think it just the simple magic circle. Being left handed makes it look strange. (I am right handed) I always use the magic circle now ...never the old method of chains. I love the magic circle because you can tighten up and leave no hole in the middle. Almost all my squares start with DC's ...not SC's so I think that makes it look different too. I agree with those that think it is the magic circle. XOXOXO Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if I did the magic circle right when I made a square. I know I could've looked it up but I just did it from what I remembered. For the magic circle I made a circle/loop w/ the yarn and pull the yarn through the circle and then ch1.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a look at the video, Jean. I concur with the other posters that she's using the magic circle. I use the magic circle but it's even much simpler than what she does.

I have to agree with Susan Soul Shines about the thread. It's a shame it's not demonstrated with a more substantial yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just her method of creating the magic circle. I have been using the magic circle to start all my granny squares. It eliminates the hole you make when you crochet in a circle of a few chains.