Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Started my first blanket/throw.

This last Monday I started a new project. A blanket/throw. It is made of 2 in squares. Since I started I have made about 80ish of my 775 ish squares needed. I can punch out the squares in about 5-8 min a peice.This will be my biggest project yet. Hopefully it won't take to long to finish. I will post images along the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images Started my first blanket/throw.-pacman-jpg Started my first blanket/throw.-1436039729504-2124230356-jpg 

2. Likes missro007, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It s nice!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the simplistic look of the of the "Blanket Throw"! Scooters/Suzanne

Post Thanks / Like
    That is too cute. Unfortunately, I hate sewing all those squares together so I will probably not make this unless I could turn it into an intarsia pattern. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't thought that far ahead I'm not sure how to joint the squares in the end. That will probably be very tedious.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure you will do just fine. Don't think of it as a big thing, just watch it grow as you go along.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good way to think about it thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I have yet to know how to join squares together! hope I get help and suggestions when the time comes for that part of the project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PiratedNinja View Post
    This last Monday I started a new project. A blanket/throw. It is made of 2 in squares. Since I started I have made about 80ish of my 775 ish squares needed. I can punch out the squares in about 5-8 min a peice.This will be my biggest project yet. Hopefully it won't take to long to finish. I will post images along the way.
    How cool this is, piratedninja. I've been toying with the idea of doing some pixel crochet, too. I have a pattern for a flowered afghan but if I make it in 3" squares it would be small enough to use as a wall hanging, and the best part is that it only takes 144 squares! You know counted cross stitch charts are good for pixel crochet as long as there isn't much in the way of curves in them. (Pixels are square and curves and shaded areas that make them so gorgeous in counted cross stitch just are next to difficult to do with pixel crochet. I found a beauty of a chart of a single rose that I changed to pixels but, and it's a BIG one, ---- to capture all the shaded colors in the rose would take 52,057 pixel squares! So the rose goes into my counted cross stitch basket to do someday with needle and thread! LOL!)

I did see some graphs for Yoshi from Super Nintendo that I would be tempted to make. And there seem to be a lot of My Little Pony charts out there for pixel crochet!

I really like your Pacman chart. I don't know yet how to join all the squares so the joinings don't show.

Let us know how you do yours. We'd really like to see it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I've seen pitures online were people make 8 bit versions of things nichy/geeky I have been thinking of making some of those as wall hangs. I find I need to keep my peices from somthing in my geekyNess so that I stick with it. I find some of the regular patterns to be a bit boring and I loose intrest (No offense to anyone who dose them). I've seen the Yoshi and it's on my list if the pac man works well. I will surely share what I fined in invisible joining.