Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PiratedNinja View Post
    Yeah I've seen pitures online were people make 8 bit versions of things nichy/geeky I have been thinking of making some of those as wall hangs. I find I need to keep my peices from somthing in my geekyNess so that I stick with it. I find some of the regular patterns to be a bit boring and I loose intrest (No offense to anyone who dose them). I've seen the Yoshi and it's on my list if the pac man works well. I will surely share what I fined in invisible joining.
    How are you coming along? What yarn are you using?

I ended up having to get RH Super Saver so I could get all the colors I need. I'm not too fond of Super Saver, either, but the colors are nice. I had to fiddle around using different hook sizes to get something close to 3" squares My wall hanging is going to be 3 feet by 3 feet and will hang on a wall in my master bath. So if it comes out looking wonky, well, no one will get to see it, LOL!

Have a lovely day!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be fine. Everyone who sees it will love it and be jealous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Dale View Post
    It's going to be fine. Everyone who sees it will love it and be jealous.
    You think? We'll see. This is my first venture into Pixel Crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been really busy as of late I haven't been able to do much I think, I have about 150 squares. I had to use Red heart as well to get all my colors. I still have to get orange they we sold out last time I went looking for it.I'm using 5mm hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck! I was very young when I completed my first afghan, but I still remember the joy when I gave it to my mom.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is gorgeous...requires to much thinking for me to even consider...what brand of yarn are u using? Look forward to see it when u complete it...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have so many things going on right now but I wouldn't mind trying that in tunisian crochet.

I live in a medium size town in northern California, it is called Oroville.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How cute, I have been teaching 4 of the 5 grandchildren he was going to sell it on ebay for $15. I had to laugh at him, and encourage him to keep up the good work he is doing and wish him great luck at selling his towel. He is on his 3rd row after 2 days of crocheting. That pattern that you are using is really cute. I am currently trying to take orders for custom made baby clothes. Good luck with your Pac men and have fun.

I live in a medium size town in northern California, it is called Oroville.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to add this, I am a mother of 4 children I have given birth to, and 1 I have raised and is now 23, and I am currently raising 5 more grandchildren. All siblings, my husband & I wanted to keep them together with family so they wouldn't get separated by the state. I have been being a mother since the age of 7 to my brothers, and 15 when I had my 1st. I am now 62. With all this mothering under my belt, to this day when ever my babies give me something, I don't care what it is, even is it was a squiggle down on a piece of paper, I write their name on it and the age, the date, and that little squiggle means more to me than anything something that someone could of spent a million $ on. And I am very sure that when you gave your mother that very 1st afghan you made, she felt the same way I do every time I see a smiley face on a piece of homework, or a picture the kids have drawn just for me. I really wish you could see me house and my bedroom. My bedroom door alone has so many pictures that the kids have given me, and I have boxes and boxes of pictures they have given me since they were in pre-school. I am positive your mother felt so much pride in the beautiful afghan that her daughter made just for her. Not all moms feel the way I do about things, and I know I go over board about keeping everything that the kids have had or made, but you know what the 11 yr old was the youngest when we got the kids, she was 2 months old the day we got them. To this day she still, wants me to bring out all her 1st's that she has done so she can look at them, her baby book, and she is still adding to her collection of favorites to show her kids someday when she has them. Keep working on pleasing your mom by making special little things. She will always love them just as much as she does you. They will always be special to her heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Blast from the past!

How clever! My son --- now 36 years old --- was helping his friend host a gaming fundraiser for his friend's mom's hospital bills and asked if I could crochet something with a retro video game theme. I never thought of pixeling and making something with squares. Guess I'll be making this to donate to their cause. Thank you for expanding my thinking about how to tackle pattern challenges!