Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What Is Your Least Favorite Crochet Stitch?

What crochet stitch is your least favorite? Mine is the crocodile stitch. I know it's very popular, but it just doesn't suit me, personally.

I'm curious to know your least favorite stitch. Do you dislike it because they seem too complicated? Or you just don't care much for how it looks?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never tried the crocodile stitch but it isn't something I am anxious to use since I really don't care for the look. I mostly make doilies and I love the look of Picots, but mine never look like they should. They're always "lopsided" no matter how many I make or what method I use. Yet I keep on trying and using them in my patterns, hoping one day I can perfect them.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the croc stitch. I have made over 55 slipper booties with the stitch and I am still not tired of it.

Solomons Knot, or some call it lovers knot, I to this day still can't figure out how to do it and make it look right. I have looked at pictures and watched a couple of very good video's but it apparently is outta mny reach.

Sapphire- picots, i learned a trick not long ago that I think makes the stitch look much better, but that is just my opinion.
    Chain number of picots, then instead of making usual way in stitch of last chain, I slip stitch in the side or post of the stitch and make next stitch like normal.

I'll try to post picture of sample, but camera isn't cooperating on charging right now.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Post Thanks / Like
    NanaErnestine, thanks for the suggestion on the picots. That is the method I use when making single picots. It is the triple picots that look lopsided when finished. Maybe if I take more time when blocking, I can straighten them out. It seems that a lot of the newer patterns use multiple picots in their designs.

I would love to see pictures of your slipper boots (when your camera cooperates).
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I can try to put pictures up of booties, I meant to get a picture of the picot trick I use.
    sorry I tried to get a picture and it won't let me. I'll have to try tomorrow I have to leave for work soon.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    My least favorite stitch is the Picot stitch. Only because they take longer to make than a double crochet. I don't like for anything to slow down my rhythm when crocheting! LOL!! I've never tried the Crocodile stitch or Solomon's Knot, but will try them some day.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose if I have to pick one it would be a SC because it is so short and takes so long to accomplish a project with them. However they are a valuable stitch when working different stitch patterns. Ripple patterns are sometimes a pain since it is so important to watch your count so carefully, but I do like the looks of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is the slip stich, I had a pattern made of only slip stiches it took so long to finish But it was a nice piece.
    Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen SL st patterns and stayed away from them because of the time it would take to make them. You are braver then I am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Help!!! I can't get my pictures to load to show you all. What am I doing wrong?