Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey Susan, I'm sorry to hear that you're taking a break from your blog. I've followed it from the very beginning and you put a lot of work into it. It's a great blog and you've helped so many people!

Our lives are constantly evolving and changing. I understand your need to take a break from it. But I'm glad you'll be on here more often!

Shelley
    Thx so much Shelley!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hi Susan, I am sorry to see you give it up but with your health situation you need to do whatever is best for you. I found I had 2 Facebook accounts (don't ask my how that happened because I still don't know) I finally have closed one out because Facebook takes up too much of my time and I really don't like it that much. I think Facebook has a mind of it's own. Too many postings from out of the clear blue sky are happening from where I don't know! Some of them have pretty dirty language too. I will also be closing the other one once I find this one is gone. There is too many things I don't like about it to list everything. I will stay with Crochettalk. I enjoy it too much to give it up so I will be seeing you around Susan! XOXOXOXOPatty/redhead
    Hi Patti, I know what you mean about fb, it's a quirky site for sure! I'll be glad to have some time to do crochet I have more advanced plans for! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramz View Post
    Wishing you the best of everything, you do what you have to make you happy!! Be safe, be happy and be well!!

hugs,
    gramzie

Thank you Gramz, so sweet of you to say that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan I did follow you and know why I just have Caregiving as #1 Priority. I dounderstand and miss what I thought was a close friendship. God Protect your Pain for getting worse & live a comfortable Summer. Good Bye for now?? Susan2014 aka susan m jensen Hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave up facebook also, it became to much drama for me. Crochet Talk seems about perfect for me and what I need right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I gave up facebook also, it became to much drama for me. Crochet Talk seems about perfect for me and what I need right now.
    There is some drama for sure, I ignore it and get on some but not a whole lot. I get info on there and still have my crochet page plus my personal page. I like to see new patterns that are released and I also try to keep up with what all of my grandkids are doing!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 06-08-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Susan I did follow you and know why I just have Caregiving as #1 Priority. I dounderstand and miss what I thought was a close friendship. God Protect your Pain for getting worse & live a comfortable Summer. Good Bye for now?? Susan2014 aka susan m jensen Hugs
    Susan, I'll still be friends with all of my friends in exactly the same way now as I was when I had the blog site open. I'm not leaving the internet, I can be contacted and followed on sites like Crochet Talk and many more. All of my friendships remain the same, I just don't have a blog site now. My friendships weren't defined by having a blog site, but that was a good way for me to share crochet techniques with other crochet lovers, to help people learn crochet and for us all to get better and learn more crochet methods, stitches, patterns, etc etc., but once I felt like I needed and was ready to learn more crochet, I had to stop the blog site in order to do that. I know that a lot of people do that, you have to change your life some to change things you want to learn to do and to do better!

Closing the blog site doesn't close friendships, nothing is any different at all in that way. I can't be at a standstill with my crochet, I have to move ahead. My plan has always been to constantly get better in crochet and learn more about it as time goes by. I'll have more time now to chat with people than I did when I had all the work to do on the blog posts! It was wonderful to meet people thru my blog site, so now I have more friends than I did before... I'm not ending any friendships, so there is no need at all to say goodbye since I'm just changing the way I do things. There is no friendships to miss, I greatly value all of the friendships I've made thru crochet, it's a lot of fun to have friends who share the love of crochet. As we all improve and learn more we can share it with each other to help each other even more!

I'm taking the Curvy Crochet class now and it's TEN hours of in depth lessons to watch on video, to learn to make all kinds of tops I can wear and make them fit me well, and I've always wanted to learn to do that! Then I'll have to go back over many parts of the videos to be sure I understand it, and there's math to learn to figure dimensions of my body and of the different styles of clothes I'll make. Then I have to practice crocheting and designing the patterns, and it's quite time consuming to learn all of that and get good at it! But it's interesting and I enjoy it, and this is where I want to go with my crochet, along with other things I want to learn. I'm learning so much more than I knew before, and that's really exciting. I want and need to advance my crochet abilities, and am working hard to do that!

I've also been wanting to learn to design more patterns, and I'll share my patterns as I design and make more, and actually today I'm putting a new pattern in my stores on Craftsy and Ravelry, a new wrap that I just love. I'm making a headband to match it that will be posted later this week, as soon as I wrap it up and get pics of it, which is very hard for me since the only camera I have is on a laptop. Indoor pictures usually make the colors look wrong and not very good, so that makes it hard for me to get the good photos I need to put online with my patterns. My lack of a good regular camera also made it hard for me when doing the blog site. I took the pics of the wrap outside like so many people are doing now, and the colors look true and clear but the yarn is ombre, which means it changes colors every so often. It's really hard to tell how beautiful that kind of yarn is in pictures, you really need to see it in person to appreciate the it's true beauty. So there are frustrating things like that and more that I have to deal with, but I'm hoping things will be good for me! Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I do on facebook, I never got on there until I left Ga and moved to TN. That is how I keep up with my grandchildren. But don't pay any attention to anything else.