Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck with whatever you want to do. Blogs are a lot more trouble than people realize. It takes up a lot of your time. I use to have a crochet forum of my own and I found I was spending all my time on it and had no time for myself. I wanted to answer everyones questions and problems they were having getting into the forum. It was a private forum, by invitation only. I loved it but it was taking a tole on my health so I had another lady take it over.
    I pray your health improves. I know I couldn't ever do it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Grateful that you will still have time for CT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
    Maybe you could teach this old dog a new trick about Pinterest. It pops up on my email but I don't know how to get the patterns. Also, I only have an IPAD but don't know how to post pictures on this site & so far NO one has been able to help me.

Many thanks, Crabtree
    Crabtree, Pinterest is a confusing thing to many now!! A lot of people say it is their best way of getting traffic to their site. I don't like what people have done to it, you try to find a pattern and it's been spun around so many times that you often can't find the pattern at all. People have ruined many of my free pattern posts, you can only find them on my own board. I wish I could help you but I avoid it mostly, it's ok to look around on sometime but not that helpful to me. I never heard of it popping up on emails either!I don't have an Ipad tho. sorry.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 05-28-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Crabtree, Pinterest is a confusing thing to many now!! A lot of people say it is their best way of getting traffic to their site. I don't like what people have done to it, you try to find a pattern and it's been spun around so many times that you often can't find the pattern at all. People have ruined many of my free pattern posts, you can only find them on my own board. If you're lucky, I wish I could help you but I avoid it mostly, it's ok to look around on sometime but not that helpful to me. I never heard of it popping up on emails either!I don't have an Ipad tho. sorry.
    Thanks as it seems as no one knows how to help me post patterns here & Pinterest sends me emails with pictures but I cannot ever find the patterns. I usually just delete them as they are useless to me. My old computer crashed & SIL gave me this used IPAD to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Good Luck with whatever you want to do. Blogs are a lot more trouble than people realize. It takes up a lot of your time. I use to have a crochet forum of my own and I found I was spending all my time on it and had no time for myself. I wanted to answer everyones questions and problems they were having getting into the forum. It was a private forum, by invitation only. I loved it but it was taking a tole on my health so I had another lady take it over.
    I pray your health improves. I know I couldn't ever do it again.
    Thank you so much! I wanted to explain to everyone why I'm stopping it, and I wish I could go on, but thx for helping me explain this part at least! I have other crochet to learn and move forward with, and I need lots of time and to relax while learning and practicing what new things i learn, with no added pressures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello. Sorry I am not English speaking. I did not understand if you leave CT or not? You are in my list. I am slow but fulfill it. If you are leaving please send me your e-mail. I will send you doily in your turn = Larisa
    Larisa, Barbara is right, I'm not leaving Crochet Talk. I'm only letting my blog site contract run out, so I"ll be all over the internet pretty much except for my blog site. Thank you so much, I do to one day get one of your beautiful doilies, you are so kind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Larisa,

I don't think she is leaving Crochet Talk. She has a site she has been working on (blog) and it has taken much time. She is looking at quitting her blog site.
    thx Barbara! This was for my Crochet Talk friends and loyal subscribers and supporters. I'm posting a blog post tomorrow to tell the people I haven't had time to tell yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Grateful that you will still have time for CT!
    Always - this is a great forum with wonderful members!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Susan , I did not Like this Post , so will just comment?? Sorry for your Physical struggles & stepping aside with your Blog. Will you keep a Blog but down size it or did I misunderstand. Your Hubby I Pray for & You of course. Caregiving has left me ??????I should say something but figure every one has his own, Im alone and yet my hubby &( God Love him0my son?? STRESSED to a Point of Prayers as I have NO One. Hugs & Prayers Susan I will keep you in my thoughts & Prayer List. Typing 1 finger Right hand is out of commision again. Susan2014
    Susan, I've made this as clear as I can, but I'm also posting a blog post tomorrow to tell everyone that i haven't had time to tell about the blog site being let go since my year end is almost up. I hope you'll read this post agan since it very specifically tells many reasons why I'm doing this. thx, love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, I am sorry to see you give it up but with your health situation you need to do whatever is best for you. I found I had 2 Facebook accounts (don't ask my how that happened because I still don't know) I finally have closed one out because Facebook takes up too much of my time and I really don't like it that much. I think Facebook has a mind of it's own. Too many postings from out of the clear blue sky are happening from where I don't know! Some of them have pretty dirty language too. I will also be closing the other one once I find this one is gone. There is too many things I don't like about it to list everything. I will stay with Crochettalk. I enjoy it too much to give it up so I will be seeing you around Susan! XOXOXOXOPatty/redhead