Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I need help making duck feet!

i need some help making duck feet. I mean like flat duck feet not booties. I can't seem to figure out how to go about making the shape to then sew on to the front of a dress im making so that they dangle. Any help would be most appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been searching for a duck's foot applique but have not been able to find one as of yet. I thought if you crocheted it in crochet thread, or a very thin crochet yarn, it should work for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using graph paper and draw or trace a duck's foot, then work your crochet applique from the graph. Start from the top of the foot and work increases and/or decreases for the web part. You will need to fasten off at the end of a toe (for lack of a better word), and then attach yarn again for the next toe.
    I would love to know if this works for you.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I would search for Irish lace patterns for a leaf in double crochet stitches that looks like the 3 toed foot then add a webbing between the toes.using double crochet stitches with a v stitch in the middle of the space to increase ( like the increase at the corners of a granny square.maybe you can find a leaf pattern for a lily pad that will work .

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up just kind of crocheting the best way i could. It wasn't great so it isnt worth posting

Post Thanks / Like
    You are probably crocheting for a child, and everything should look "cartoon-e", so your look is A-OK. Don't be so hard on yourself. You created a pattern, and that's great!
    ---HarriEtta

7. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    that's how you get started designing, now you have some experience. Practice and experience make us all better at whatever we want to do. The hardest part of life is finding what you want.

9. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post
    Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a crochet heart then add extra "toe" in the middle? Just a thought.......

11. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    How about a crochet heart then add extra "toe" in the middle? Just a thought.......
    That could work

Post Thanks / Like
    Me again! Checked on Ravelry.com and found 3 duck patterns with feet that might help you. Perhaps you can tweak one to what you want. All are free. Names of patterns- Parrulo Duck,Spring Duckling,Psyduck. Good Luck!

14. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post