Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    Susan, so sorry to hear about all that you are going through and I pray you will get better soon. I have edema as well and there are times my legs swell up like balloons. I am on lasix for them. I know how pain can affect sleep. I am in pain 24 hours a day and I know I wake up quite often at night because it hurts roll over. I also have sleep apnea. They are planning on doing another sleep study sometime. My new doctor wants to get the records from my last test several years ago first then we will go from there after he sees what it says.
    Good luck to you sonetta, maybe they can find something to get you a little relief, that's about all we can hope for. Praying for you, God bless, susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Sorry to hear you are also having health problems. I am keeping you in my prayers. And ask you keep me in yours also as I am looking at a kidney transplant if I check out OK to have one.

Prayers help us through these tough times and we will get through it.

JudiG
    Judi, thank you, I'll keep you in my payers too, I pray for you to get a mtach for your transplant and to over come it thru Jesus Christ!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, I guess my CPAP machine helps to some extent but I have issues just staying asleep. I also fine some night I've taken the CPAP off. I really need to loose some weight and see if that helps the swelling in my legs. The swelling is not really bad but my legs get red and feel like they are burning and I think that's more the issue. The Dr's don't think they are that bad. I tried the thigh high compression stocking, LOL, what I picture John and I must have made trying to get them on. Now I can do them myself, BUT they don't stay up well. I tried the knee high ones,Well LOL again. They come up past me knees and beyond toes. I phoned the persons who measured me and they said that was the smallest size. Makes you wonder why they measure you for them. Goodness, the stories we could all tell! There are many more people with more serious problems than me, so no more complaints from me. LOL they say that laughter is the best medicine !!!!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying you get your transplant Judi Gums and that all goes well with the surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladyella,
    I see you are from Canada as am I. Most the ladies I have met on this site are from the states so it is great to see someone from Canada. Prayers your legs stop swelling and they figure out what the pain and redness is caused by. Prayers also for your sleep apnea. Bye and God bless.

Christine Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Christine, it is nice to hear from another Canadian. I haven't come across many Canadians either, so I 'm glad to hear from you. Keep in touch!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you cm ball. My daughter will be tested to see if she can donate, but first I have to be checked from head to toe. It surprises me. That my kidneys are only working at16% and I feel fine. I thank you again for well wishes and prayers. Trying to keep my spirits up, some days it's easier then others.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Susan! What a trial you are going through! I'm sincerely sorry for all your pain. I will add you to my list of people to pray for. If it's any consolation the Lord knows what you are going through and with faith he will give you comfort! keep plugging along and thanks for your wonderful attitude! we do care about you!! Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear your having a rough time.

Post Thanks / Like

hi gf!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Susan my goodness friend Pain and etc is really testing you. Try to sleep is hard as I try to listen to soft music & that helps a little. Energy, lazy is the word I use to say (others Mo etc did so I thought I was NOT ! As my edgyness is from not being able to go out garden, down basement take a short walk. My Legs, hand, back. What I do is Smile, Laugh and nap or get up and do some chore. like to see things done?? Mine is so minor comparing as I do to you and others (wont name) I caregive & want a smile, tease a little BUT he does'nt know Im in such pain. larry is slowly getting tired, does'nt do much so I pick up slack. Im pleased to do as God knows Larry allways did most things. Sorry for a speech. Susan did you forget your misery's for a second?? Reading my message??? Love 'N' Prayers Susan2014
    Yes, I forgot my misery reading your note, lol, it's not too long, not at all! I get fidgety sometimes and clean house or something physical no matter how bad it hurts, you have to move! I'm just careful with my leg that got hurt last year, it may never be right again, and lying on it, there was already no way to be comfortable, now it's even harder. I'm trying to comply with the percentage of hours per night wearing my CPAP so my ins will pay for it, I'm right at the correct number, 70%, but I changed masks and had a head cold so I couldn't wear the old mask being so stuffy that night. That made my percentage fall a little, but so far it seems like I"ll be achieving my goal of 70%. The machine itself is like 1,300.00 or so, not sure exactly without looking, and that's not counting monthly supplies, but I def need my ins to pay for it! I love my new mask, and the swelling in my ankles has gone down a lot since I've been wearing it for almost 3 weeks, yayyy! So that means it's helping my pulmonary system like we'd hoped it would. At least a few new symptoms seem to be being affected.

I'm slowly relaxing and working on my Road Trip Scarf, and am going to post yesterday's blog post on here tonight. Thx for the encouragement, I wish you some as well. I know that tasking care of your husband is hard, so many are in that position and it's so draining, I remember poor meerkat and how hard life was on her for so long. It's not a secret, she told about it on here and then she had to move, and I think is moving again I think. Lots of us have disease and misery, but we hang in there, crochet bringing us together to support and encourage - that's what I love most about my blogsite and this group!
    Thx for the sweet words Susan2014!!