Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Laura to nursing home

Laura's time a Gateway is about up so she needs to be moved to a nursing home by this Fri!! I don't know how I am going to ck these places out and pick the best one by Fri!! It has to have a rehabilitation dept not just the nursing home bc I sure don't want her to have to stay there!! Please pray the Lord will give me wisdom and insight to choose the right place for Laura and one where I can still see her every day and even spend the night when she is having a rough time. I never thought I would see this day come but here it is. God help me to do what's best for Laura. Thank you all love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, several years ago an elderly neighbor of mine (no relatives or kin to take care of her) had back surgery. Upon leaving the hospital, she had to go to a nursing home. The task of finding one became my responsibility so I made phone call after phone call and asked many, many questions. I believe all of them had physical therapy each day as well as allowing visitors at any time. Another neighbor and I shared the task of visiting and looking after her every day. We wanted to be sure she was taken care of and not neglected in any way. I wish you luck in finding a home to suit her needs and one close enough for you to visit as often as possible.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Sapphire I appreciate your response have a good days hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Winnie, I know how difficult this must be for you, but you will make the best decision for Laura. Do you have a social worker who may be able to recommend one that has both or possibly a trusted nurse where Laura is that may have some knowledge? Also, if you have the names of any, perhaps you can check online to see what their rating is or perhaps your local better business bureau. I will say a prayer that all goes well. God will be there to guide you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe thank you!!! I am currently checking them out online if they have what she needs I call to talk with them. Curiously I have had to leave my number every time and no one has called me back?? I'm embarrassed to say I am a mess today I just really didn't expect this to happen. God is the same today as He was in 1994, 1995, and 2004 when He saw us through some really tough dard days and nights even gave us some miracles I know He is still on the throne and as powerful as ever. God Is Big Enough right ButterflyRose ?? Thanks again Roe you mean a lot to me love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie I am so sorry to hear about Laura. I know it is difficult. My step dad had to go into a nursing home and my grandmother as well. I know that God will guide you and allow you to find the best one for her. I pray that you find one close to you. I pray for you and Laura everyday and will
    continue to pray for you both

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winnie2013;164601]Hi Roe thank you!!! I am currently checking them out online if they have what she needs I call to talk with them. Curiously I have had to leave my number every time and no one has called me back?? I'm embarrassed to say I am a mess today I just really didn't expect this to happen. God is the same today as He was in 1994, 1995, and 2004 when He saw us through some really tough dard days and nights even gave us some miracles I know He is still on the throne and as powerful as ever. God Is Big Enough right ButterflyRose ?? Thanks again Roe you mean a lot to me love you Winnie[/QUOTE]

Don't ever be embarrassed. I know how overwhelming things can be. When my husband was terminally ill, I was given a weekend to select a nursing home but he developed an infection overnight and couldn't be released to a nursing home and was sent to a cancer hospice center (right behind the hospital where he was in) where he eventually passed. I know that feeling of what has to be done in a short time. Then when my mom needed a rehab after fracturing her hip in 2009 before she could go back to the assisted living facility I had to place her in since she had Alzheimers and they had a great unit, I had to decide also in a short period of time. Did the best I could and I was doing it all alone. Younger brother had already passed in 2007. She passed in 2012 (before I needed to place her in a nursing home) but I had a friend whose mom also had Alzheimers and needed a nursing home and we went to look at some. She had me come with her because we knew at some point I would have to do it and it was not easy. But we looked for cleanliness, visitation hours, activities for those who could attend them, rooms, proximity to where my friend lived to make it easier to visit. We also asked other friends for recommendations. Hopefully, this will be a short visit and that she will get the proper rehabilitation and be home soon. And if you need to call more than once, do it. I remember when my mom was transferred to the nursing home for rehab, they wanted a family meeting after a couple of weeks. I demanded and won, a meeting within two days. When a loved ones' health is involved, you need to be forceful. And I hope I haven't said anything out of line. I've been there but in different circumstances and know how heartbreaking and hard it is. Just remember, you have friends here who care and want to help in any way we can.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie you were just frazzled because you love your sister and want to help her. I was the same way with my daughter and husband --sometimes I was beside myself. Were still human and God knows that. He helps and hears us but sometimes we have to wait and that is hard. I am praying for you both. Li Roe is right sometimes you do have to call them on the carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    prayed for you Winnie and will keep you in my prayers.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie if you look something online, there usually is a site that will have reviews of different Nursing homes. It is family of patients who is giving the reviews. So you really get an idea from someone with experience of the place themselves.