Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

Thread: Update on Laura

Post Thanks / Like
    I just back on Tues April 21 from my trip out of state so I am slowly catching up on CT news. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with Laura and you also that she continues to gain strength every day. With all the prayers and God's love, I know things will go better.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Pain meds for sure will cause that. Maybe she can see if she can switch or get a lighter dose. She is in my prayers

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    Did they find out where Laura is bleeding from? Were they able to stop the bleeding?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm am continuing to pray for Laura! Is there anything "specific" that I should be "zoning in on" when I pray??? Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie and all of you wonderful friends. Laura's test was this morning she has a bleeding ulcer in her colon, diverticulosis and colitis. They said hopefully they can successfully treat the ulcer with antibiotics and other stomach meds. The drawback is she has been on strong antibiotics for a week and has thrush. Even plain water hurts her mouth and everything taste bad to her. I don't know if you or any of your children ever had thrush, my younger DD had it several times as a baby bc of illnesses and it's quite painful. I am not complaining bc this is wonderful news and awesome answer to many many prayers PTL it was nothing worse. NOW on to recovery!!!! Thank you Jean, and all of you, for your prayers, caring and friendship during this trying time. Love you all have a great day Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy she is doing better, other than Colitis, don't know what it is, the other is fairly easy to fix. But when you're as weak as she is, it might be a little rough on her. Will be praying her recovery will be swift. She has been through so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I am so glad to hear it was nothing worse and they can treat it. I truly believe that from now on everything will get better for both of you. I will continue to pray for you both.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Winnie, no wonder she has been in such terrible pain! I am so glad they finally know what the problems are and can treat them. I didn't know antibiotics can cause thrush. Unfortunately, she will have to take more antibiotics to get rid of the ulcer. Prayers are still heading her way ... and yours. I pray you are getting some rest. You need to stay healthy too.

Thank you for the update.
    ~~ Love & Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie, I'm glad they finally figured out where the bleeding was coming from. Gosh Laura has been one sick lady. I'm so sorry she's having to go through all this (and you too!). Now that they know what's wrong, they know what to treat. Bless her heart, I know thrush is so painful and miserable, poor girl. They're probably giving her a mouth rinse that is, hopefully, making it a little better...? I sure hope so.

I hope you're feeling better, and that you're getting some much needed rest. Thank you for letting us know what's going on. Hang in there, girl, and know that we're all here for you both.

With hugs and much love,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to hear they found out what was going on with Laura. Now they can move on to treatment and recovery. What a strong lady. Prayers are still being said.