Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Update on Laura

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I feel for you, I know how frustrating these places can be. You feel so helpless.. Just keep believing God will take care of everything.
    God Bless You and Laura.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everyone,

I just spoke with Winnie on the phone, asking about Laura's condition. Poor Winnie is just a nervous wreck, from all of the worry about her. She asked me to post a note to all of you for some heavy-duty prayers for her sister. She wasn't breathing right, so they took off her oxygen to put her on a C-Pap machine. They didn't hook the oxygen back up and Laura said, "I don't feel right." Winnie checked her oxygen level and it was 65! She got the nurse in there and they got Laura hooked back up. They are going to send her to the ER tonight, because now her oxygen level won't stay up high enough and she may have fluid on her lungs again. Winnie will keep us posted, when she can. She said Laura told her she doesn't think she will make it through this. Let's not let that happen!! Let's flood Heaven with our prayers and petitions on Laura's behalf.
    Winnie sends you all her love and heartfelt thanks.
    ~~ Hugs and Prayers, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with Winnie and Laura. God is an awesome God and when two or more are gathered He is there. I will continue praying everyday until Laura gets better. I will pray for Strength for Winnie and a prayer that God will comfort her and fill her with peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jo, they have done a breathing treatment, chest X-rays and EKG no results yet. Thank you for posting for me love you Winnie

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie,
    Thank you for letting us all know. I pray she will be able to sleep tonight. Are you staying with her, or going home? Keep the Faith, dear lady. God is with you and Laura. He hears our prayers. Keep me posted please, when you can. Love to you and Laura.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Jo, they have done a breathing treatment, chest X-rays and EKG no results yet. Thank you for posting for me love you Winnie
    Minnie, I am so sorry your sister isn't doing very good, I will be praying for her. My husbands oxygen level got to to 65 several times and he came out of it after several breathing treatments, I had to give him breathing treatments several times a day after that.
    God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    The drs said she never got over the pneumonia she had before so that's why she has continued to be weak. So the pneumonia is still there she has been put on strong antibiotics and more lasix to get the water off of her. No blood test results yet. Thank you for continuing to pray for us. I don't know if I will be able to stay or not I think she is going to TCU So she will be monitored. Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending prayers up for and adding to our church prayer group that she has a speedier recovery. Have faith she can do it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, please let us know how she is doing when you get a chance. Still praying for her healing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi everyone!! First I want to tell you thank you for your prayers and concern. Thank you Jean Marie, Susie Ann, and Linda Mitzner for sending Laura a card with bookmarks etc in them. It really cheered her up :-)
    Laura is doing better and her pain is better but it seems she isn't progressing as much as rehab wants!! When I got to rehab yesterday she was soooo upset bc they are already telling her if she can't do certain things w/in a week she may have to go to a nursing home!! I told her not to worry she came back from being paralyzed to walking again and she can do this too!! I know she has to be able to transfer from place to place in order to come home. Please pray her progress will improve greatly and her strength. Thank you so much she is really afraid to go to a nursing home I think I would be too. I appreciate it so much and love you all Winnie
    Dear Winnie, this has to be very hard on Laura and everyone who loves her. Sometimes we have to wait for the Lord's time frame to have our prayers answered. Remember when the Apostles were on the sea of Galilee and Christ came in the 4th watch? this is found in Mark 6:48 this tells me sometimes he lets us work and pray, hope, until we think there is nothing happening, then he comes at the last minute. This probably doesn't help but I do believe it's true.
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 04-16-2015 at 09:53 AM.