Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

How do you motivate your self to finish a project?

I have been wanting to make a star afghan for awhile now. I have a baby shower coming up and she requested purples so I thought this would be a good time to try it. I think it is coming out nice but I have no motivation to finish it. In the past I would just put it away until later but that is a great waste as I hardly ever finish them. I have to finish this, how do you motivate yourself to finish a project you don't want to finish? I have put it aside for a week quite came back but I'm still just not into it.

2. Likes Granny Grunt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting is what keeps me going quite a bit, especially lately since I am making a major decision in my life, probably the biggest I have ever made. I may be in the minority but I don't have a problem getting motivated. My problem sometimes is starting too many projects at one time, LOL though I actually end up doing more that way. I tend to have multiple projects going on so when I am a little tired of one, I switch over to another and go back and forth. Probably not what you wanted to hear but I just keep at it.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Debbie, good question. I can tell you how I keep motivated but it seems to be uncommon to a lot of people. I keep motivated by limiting myself to only one project at a time. No putting it to the back of the basket and thinking I'll get back to it another time. I will not start anything else...finish one and then onto another project. But that's just me. No pressure and no time limits. I doubt this method works for many people.

I did a lot of crochet at one point because I was making lap robes and wheelchair wraps for my Mom when she was dying and wanted her to have them to enjoy them while she was still able to appreciate them. So I was under pressure doing that and spent a lot of time making uncommon mistakes and ripping out rows of stitches, etc.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Put it in your chair that you like to set in most and you can't sit in that chair unless you are going to do some work on it. Sometime it backfires on me and I set in my hubbys chair while he is gone. But I guess I shouldn't have told you that. I have just about finished 2 afghans that I started last year. I have just the border to do on one and weave ends on both. They are wedding and 1st anniversary gifts I we could not go to the wedding. 1st Ann. coming up in April.
    charlye

6. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I could certainly use some motivation at the moment. I started a Double Wedding Ring doily and am almost finished but hit a snag. I have taken time away from it, done other projects and still cannot make myself go back and finish. I know one day the mood will hit me and I will pick it up again to finish those last few rounds. Obviously I don't have a deadline, for which I am grateful.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Debbie, good question. I can tell you how I keep motivated but it seems to be uncommon to a lot of people. I keep motivated by limiting myself to only one project at a time. No putting it to the back of the basket and thinking I'll get back to it another time. I will not start anything else...finish one and then onto another project. But that's just me. No pressure and no time limits. I doubt this method works for many people.

I did a lot of crochet at one point because I was making lap robes and wheelchair wraps for my Mom when she was dying and wanted her to have them to enjoy them while she was still able to appreciate them. So I was under pressure doing that and spent a lot of time making uncommon mistakes and ripping out rows of stitches, etc.
    I am interested in making wheelchair wraps also. Have you found a favorite one that is pretty easy?

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you motivate your self to finish a project?-img_20150401_171350-jpg

Almost there. Maybe 15 more rows?

10. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this wheelchair wrap. The lady I made it for asked for modest, not lacy and picked the color.

How do you motivate your self to finish a project?-img_20150225_161608-jpg

12. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I am interested in making wheelchair wraps also. Have you found a favorite one that is pretty easy?
    Yes, I do, Donna.

Cozy's Corner: Wheelchair Wrap
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

14. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both of these are very pretty. I have only make lap-ghans for my mom when she was alive. Her legs got cooler the then the rest of her. charlye