Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Laura/Update

Post Thanks / Like

Laura/Update

Laura had an MRI today she has broken her back at 4/5 vertebrae!!! I have no idea how this happened but it does explain the severe pain she is in. It will require some kind of surgery but bc of her lung condition they will not want to put her under anesthesia. They can do some kind of procedure using a needle but I am not sure what that is. I am in shock as I can't imagine how this happened I will have to talk to her dr. Please keep praying for her!!! Thank you so much love you all Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    O MY Im in shock also. Did she get up to Potty?? Moved in a way that that happened. Drs. will let us know. God is watching over her. They can do wonders in Todays Health situations, surgeries are so much easier I hear. At least you know what she's suffering from. I heard my Mom say some one broke her wrist turning a top from a pickle jar?? Had health issues so bones were brittle I suppose. Winnie you get some rest and we all are Praying. God Speed those Miracles for Laura. Get some mending & less Pain Laura. Hygs & xxxx

susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Susan for this lovely post. I am becoming overwhelmed I think but I am so thankful I am here with her!! The Lord knows where we need to be and when we need to be there praise His Holy Name!!!! Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 47 years old and currently have 2 fractures and neither the doctor or I know how I got them. I do have weaker bones than most but not that weak. Prayers coming her way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie do you have osteoarthritis ?? I read some articles and they said that can happen just by moving wrong if you have osteo !! Are you in a lot of pain too?? How long have you had the fractures and what did your doctor do for you?? Thank you for praying we appreciate it so much. I will be praying for you also. Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine fractured her back, and it was a clean break. And the used some type of glue,There used a needle to put the glue where the fracture was. She use to always say they super glued her back. But she was up and around in 6 or 7 weeks. Use to be Months. Lets hope she has that type of surgery. Will be praying for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Debbie do you have osteoarthritis ?? I read some articles and they said that can happen just by moving wrong if you have osteo !! Are you in a lot of pain too?? How long have you had the fractures and what did your doctor do for you?? Thank you for praying we appreciate it so much. I will be praying for you also. Love you Winnie
    Winnie, I have osteoarthritis, on top of Fibromyalgia, asthma, a hiatal hernia, and oseteopenia which is a stage before osteoporosis, and have been officially on disability since '98 but have had chronic pain since age 17. I tell my crochet story that it's my therapy that helps me focus away from the pain some, and I'm in a good medical team of pain management that I do a lot of physical therapy and take medication that without all of that I couldn't function. Crochet has changed my life positively for the better in so many ways because I love it and am feeling creative again. I've done hand crafts all of my adult life but had to stop for some years that I was so miserable and was barely existing., not really living. Can you see a difference in that type of person in me?!

There's not much that I can do but I can do crochet, even tho it irritates my tendonitis and hurts my wrists and shoulders more, I've not enjoyed anything in so long! I'm going to have pain no matter what so I might as well be crocheting and enjoying that much - my husband says I'm more like the woman he married. I have says that I can't really function, so I know when to stop and take it easy. But I am determined and driven, also hard headed so I make myself do what I enjoy, crochet, and blog and meet new friends who also love crochet.... and then after a while with my moist heat packs and cool gel packs on me I'm focusing intently on crochet and it helps me get thru the days better.

It's been proven scientifically that crochet and knitting and other crafts somewhat change brainwaves and chemicals in the brain that help people manage many diseases and illnesses better. I vouch for that! I pray that Laura improves and heals fast and completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I can't believe this, poor Laura. Bless her heart. I feel so bad for her. Goodness gracious she's already been through so much. I'll continue to send out prayers of healing for her.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Winnie, I have osteoarthritis, on top of Fibromyalgia, asthma, a hiatal hernia, and oseteopenia which is a stage before osteoporosis, and have been officially on disability since '98 but have had chronic pain since age 17. I tell my crochet story that it's my therapy that helps me focus away from the pain some, and I'm in a good medical team of pain management that I do a lot of physical therapy and take medication that without all of that I couldn't function. Crochet has changed my life positively for the better in so many ways because I love it and am feeling creative again. I've done hand crafts all of my adult life but had to stop for some years that I was so miserable and was barely existing., not really living. Can you see a difference in that type of person in me?!

There's not much that I can do but I can do crochet, even tho it irritates my tendonitis and hurts my wrists and shoulders more, I've not enjoyed anything in so long! I'm going to have pain no matter what so I might as well be crocheting and enjoying that much - my husband says I'm more like the woman he married. I have says that I can't really function, so I know when to stop and take it easy. But I am determined and driven, also hard headed so I make myself do what I enjoy, crochet, and blog and meet new friends who also love crochet.... and then after a while with my moist heat packs and cool gel packs on me I'm focusing intently on crochet and it helps me get thru the days better.

It's been proven scientifically that crochet and knitting and other crafts somewhat change brainwaves and chemicals in the brain that help people manage many diseases and illnesses better. I vouch for that! I pray that Laura improves and heals fast and completely.
    Susan, I just read this week that crocheting raises the serotonin and dopamine in our brains - the "feel good" chemicals.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley the dr told Laura this morning she has 2 breaks 3-5 vertebrae. She is having surgery on Monday. I put a new post on this morning. Love Winnie