Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

how to increase a crochet pattern that has just rows (no repeats)

Hi,
    Am trying to make a blanket that has 5 panels and border around each panel.
    I would like to combine all the panels then put the border. It starts with 14 chains and
    has 42 rows. How do combine the rows into one big panel. each panel is about 4"x15"(roughly)
    Thanks
    appreciate a reply.
    Vina

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vina,

Are the panels a triangle shape? I'm confused. Can you post a photo so we can help you figure it out?

You can increase by adding an extra stitch at each end of every row.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you SC the panels together? Try YouTube where they show you how to combine granny squares together. You should find something there.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly,
    the panels are rectangle. I have to make 6 rectangles so I thought i would just make 2 by
    combining them. Tks for reply
    vina

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi.
    Tks. the yarn is soft baby yarn and is very difficult ( for me as beginner) to sc panels together. it looks very loose.
    wont give up will try again.

vina.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Can you SC the panels together? Try YouTube where they show you how to combine granny squares together. You should find something there.

Judi G
    There are tons of videos to join granny squares, but only two ways to do it. Either make the squares and join as you go, or make the squares and then join them after. bobwilson123 is the person to search for this inf of help. but it doesn't really sound like she's got granny squares here to me. They seem awfully large to be granny sq

Post Thanks / Like
    You sit down with calculator and figure out how many rectangles make up the bottom edge and the 14's together so you know how many to chain.
    Then you figure out how many rectangles make up a side and add 42's together so you know how many rows to do.
    Now you have one large afghan and you just have to adjust your edging instructions to the new shape and there is no joining