Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi KentuckyCrafter I am sending you a correction to the road trip scarf site. I apologize for giving the wrong link. Here is the correct link:
    zootyowlcards.blogspot.com road trip scarfzootyowlcards.blogspot.com road trip scarf
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently finished a pretty, nice and warm scarf out of a 5 weight chunky yarn and the ends tend to curl up when I wear it. I think maybe blocking it might help? Not sure that'll work with a heavier chunky yarn....

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the same experience with the chunkier yarns. Instead of blocking the entire item, I have sprayed the last 3 inches or so with water to dampen the yarn but not soak it. Then I lay that on a thick folded towel and pin the ends down until they dry completely. Once out of frustration, I used a lightweight spray starch, making sure to spritz both sides before pinning. Make sure you use pins that won't make rust marks on your project. In a pinch, you can fold another towel on top and weight that down with something heavy like books. After about 12 hours, I lift everything off, turn the towels and the item over and if need be, pile everything up again. It seemed to work.....I ended up giving it away to someone who fell madly in love with it when I was wearing it. Good luck, Pixieglitter.
    Hugs, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to try this. Leave a tail of about 30 inches before you begin crocheting. Use this tail to "strenghen the end".

Put crochet hook in first loop at bottom of project - yarn over - pull yarn through loop.
    Put next loop on needle (you have 2 loops) - yarn over and pull yarn thru both loops.
    Continue doing this to end. Knot, cut off, and weave in tail.

I hope this works for you.l Rose Ann (wadepersonal)
    Last edited by wadepersonal; 02-13-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    I've had the same experience with the chunkier yarns. Instead of blocking the entire item, I have sprayed the last 3 inches or so with water to dampen the yarn but not soak it. Then I lay that on a thick folded towel and pin the ends down until they dry completely. Once out of frustration, I used a lightweight spray starch, making sure to spritz both sides before pinning. Make sure you use pins that won't make rust marks on your project. In a pinch, you can fold another towel on top and weight that down with something heavy like books. After about 12 hours, I lift everything off, turn the towels and the item over and if need be, pile everything up again. It seemed to work.....I ended up giving it away to someone who fell madly in love with it when I was wearing it. Good luck, Pixieglitter.
    Hugs, Shelly
    Shelly, I'm going to try this with my scarf made with thick chunky yarn. I appreciate the advice!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope one of these ideas will work for you
    Hugs, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion!! Love this site..post a problem and there will be responses!! xxxo