Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Help Please

Post Thanks / Like

Help Please

Does anyone know what "2HC" means at the end of the following directions:

Last CH will get 2 HDC, 2 CH, 2 HDC, 2 CH, 2 HC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Toffee, that has to be an error. It doesn't even make sense within the pattern of stitches. Can you contact the designer?

A little disheartening, too, that your question got over 30 views and not one answer. Very different from other hobby sites I frequent. Hang in there, Toffee!
    "We are stardust, we are golden; and we've got to get back to the garden."
    ~ Joni Mitchell

3. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way that would seem to make sense is if the HC were supposed to be HDC. that would seem to be sort of like a shell stitch with hdc stitches. Does this appear anyplace else in your pattern? Sometimes when there is a "mistake" at the end of a row, you can look back at the rest of the row for a stitch pattern that appears the same, then try to duplicate what you've done previously in the row. Does this make any sense? I tried to write this out so it might make sense to anyone else but me. I can see it in my head but might not have written it out the way I see it. Good luck, Toffee.
    Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a typo for a HDC. I've seen patterns where it says HC - instead of HDC - throughout a pattern for a half double crochet. Try a half double crochet and see if it seems right.

On the AllFreeCrochet web site it lists HC for half double crochet.

Learning the Crochet Stitches | AllFreeCrochet.com

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like they forgot to put in the D. They wrote 2 HC instead of 2 HDC. That's what it looks like to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to agree that it could be hdc but can you post the link (if possible) to the pattern?

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Sherri, Thank you for at least replying and the suggestion sounds wonderful as I hadn't thought to do that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for responding. I suspect you all are right in that it's probably a typo and I'll try to do what Sherri suggested to confirm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck, Toffee!
    "We are stardust, we are golden; and we've got to get back to the garden."
    ~ Joni Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so very easy to make a type-o when you are writing a pattern (or any thing else). I catch myself spelling out the words as I type and I still make type-osa lot more then I like. I know when I write up a pattern I have someone who crochets or knits go over it. Sometimes they will make the item. That will usually let you know if there is a type-o and if it is right, I find if I try to use my pattern to edit it I will make the same mistake and not catch it.
    Just a note to let all know to kind of watch for type-o as you work so it doesn't get done before you find the error.
    Love to all
    charlye Teee Heee