Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: The V

Post Thanks / Like

The V

I got the chain down good now and then the next one not sure if its called a crochet or what, After i get that done you are suppose to go through what i have read as the"V" on top. well i am having a problem trying to find it. is that due to to tight to loose or am i just blind......lol thank you

kevin

2. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming you are doing the V stitch. Here are a few resources which may be helpful for you:

How to Crochet the Basic V Stitch -- Free Instructions

4. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerfan View Post
    I got the chain down good now and then the next one not sure if its called a crochet or what, After i get that done you are suppose to go through what i have read as the"V" on top. well i am having a problem trying to find it. is that due to to tight to loose or am i just blind......lol thank you

kevin
    maybe if you tell us what pattern you are using, someone could look at it and be more helpful. it's always better for me to 'see' or read for myself. a lot of the people here are excellent at helping...:o)

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kevin,
    After you make your chains; if you hold the chains vertically, the stitches look like a v. After you make your chains and are ready for the 1st row(w/the chains horizontally) put the hook in the 2nd chain from the hook(the 1st chain is the one w/the yarn that's through the stitch) putting your hook under the top 2 loops of the stitch with the flat side of the chains facing you, not the bumpy side. After you put your hook in the stitch, pull the yarn through the stitch and then pull yarn through the 2 loops on hook and you have a single crochet.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kevin,

Some people call the V in a chain a "seed" because it sort of looks like a seed. With the seed side facing up, you know you're not putting your hook in from the wrong side of the chain. Slip your hook in the seed with 2 strands on top of your hook, and one strand on the bottom, and draw up your loop for a single crochet (SC) or draw up a loop 2 times for a double crochet (DC) stitch.

Crocheting the first row into your chain can sometimes be very difficult. It helps if you make your chain a little bit loose and not so tight. That way you won't have to struggle to get your hook into each seed.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. There is a crochet stitch called the "V stitch." That's completely different than crocheting your first row into a chain with a DC or SC. So don't let that confuse you!

Shelley