Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Pattern trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Pattern trouble

I have crocheted the Pineapple Pincushion and every thing went fine until I started to put the ribbon around the edge. I just could not get it to work correctly. The pattern is a free pattern from Maggie Weldon. It's an old pattern so I was.wondering if any one on this forum may have made it? I would appreciate any help. The pattern is FP324 and as I mentioned from Maggie Weldon. The link at the top.of the page is http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/?p=1568&pfstyle=wp. I don't know how to make this a hyper link on here.
    Thanks Myra

2. Likes Brokendove liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Myranell,
    No, I haven't done this pattern before. Maybe you have to walk away from it and come back to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Myranell View Post
    I have crocheted the Pineapple Pincushion and every thing went fine until I started to put the ribbon around the edge. I just could not get it to work correctly. The pattern is a free pattern from Maggie Weldon. It's an old pattern so I was.wondering if any one on this forum may have made it? I would appreciate any help. The pattern is FP324 and as I mentioned from Maggie Weldon. The link at the top.of the page is http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/?p=1568&pfstyle=wp. I don't know how to make this a hyper link on here.
    Thanks Myra
    Not so sure that pattern is easy because of the ribbon, who thinks these ideas up, lol?! Very pretty but some things just mess with your head, don't they... I read it but this kind of thing I might have to look at other than 3 am, so I'll go back to it tomorrow. Give me straight crochet any day - wish I could help more right now! I'm not so sure I could explain this to you even if I understood it!

5. Likes Brokendove liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Susan and Jean Marie. I do wish they would at least include more specific instructions!! I'm going to take another stab at it tomorrow. I've always just loved this "old-timey" pin cushion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this pattern a long time ago for my sister. I got the points to work out. Tried recently to do the same one and could not figure it out. I guess ages does something to you! It is very pretty if ever you can figure it out. Let me know if it works for you.
    deneville

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Myranell. Nope, I've never done this pattern before, but it is beautiful and I am going to do one soon. I hope you are able to figure yours out before I do mine though, because it could be awhile before I get to it.
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Myra, have you tried to contact Maggie, maybe she can help with exact explanations on how to work the ribbon.