Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Starting to Think I Should've Waited

I should have waited longer before buying more yarn to make things to sell. I just don't think my crocheting is good enough right now since it doesn't really seem to catch anyone's eyes. I suppose I will just find some old yarn I don't use and just keep practicing. I'm sure eventually I'll get good enough at it to bring in some extra cash. Hopefully it's before I graduate from college because I'm not sure how my schedule will be after I become a nurse. I just wanted to let that out to people who understand, I don't think my fiance cares very much about my crochet talk. Sorry for being whiney everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it's hard to sell crocheted items people don't appreciate the value in the time that you put into it also there are so many people out there especially now at Christmas selling their stuff that it's a tough market. Way more supply than demand. What have you tried selling and where have you tried selling it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    I find it's hard to sell crocheted items people don't appreciate the value in the time that you put into it also there are so many people out there especially now at Christmas selling their stuff that it's a tough market. Way more supply than demand. What have you tried selling and where have you tried selling it
    I have tried selling headbands, head wraps, scrunchie hair ties, and scarves. I have tried on ebay, I have tried indirectly to sell on facebook lol, and I have only tried a scarf and my little turtles on here. I can't sign up for craft fairs right now because of family plans that I can not put off. I just don't know if it's my work or if I'm not trying to get it out there the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know we all always doubt our work I don't think its your work my turtle is so cute people just don't appreciate handcrafted items..

5. Likes Ivy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The sale of crochet items can be tough at times. You never know what the public is actually looking for. The best thing is to possibly check out craft fairs just to see what seems to be the best sellers, word of mouth helps also. Never underestimate your work, just keep crocheting and perfecting your work if you feel you need to and good things will happen.

Keep the faith.

Roe

7. Likes Ivy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    The sale of crochet items can be tough at times. You never know what the public is actually looking for. The best thing is to possibly check out craft fairs just to see what seems to be the best sellers, word of mouth helps also. Never underestimate your work, just keep crocheting and perfecting your work if you feel you need to and good things will happen.

Keep the faith.

Roe
    I want tot try etsy but I just am not sure I would sell a thing on it

Post Thanks / Like
    I started trying to sell my different types of crafts 4 years ago. The first year I only sold one plastic canvas cross candle holder I made and that was it, and I went to about 4 different shows. The next year, it took me all summer and I didn't sell anything then in November I went to a show and sold 2 things. Last year I sold a few more and this year I sold a few more then last year. Seems like each year I try i sell a little more. I thought it was me too but I think it is just when you are new they really don't pay attention but the more they see you the more they are going to pay attention. Plus I agree with other comments that there is a lot of competition out there. There are a lot of people doing the same thing and making the same things.

10. Likes Ivy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    I started trying to sell my different types of crafts 4 years ago. The first year I only sold one plastic canvas cross candle holder I made and that was it, and I went to about 4 different shows. The next year, it took me all summer and I didn't sell anything then in November I went to a show and sold 2 things. Last year I sold a few more and this year I sold a few more then last year. Seems like each year I try i sell a little more. I thought it was me too but I think it is just when you are new they really don't pay attention but the more they see you the more they are going to pay attention. Plus I agree with other comments that there is a lot of competition out there. There are a lot of people doing the same thing and making the same things.
    Yeah I think you are all right! I won't give up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try making something that is for a sports team, NFL headbands or hats, that sort of stuff seems big in Washington state. Good luck!

13. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    whatever you make, let it be the things that make you the most happy. doesn't matter that they don't sell right away, eventually you will have a nice amount of things you enjoyed making, and when the time is right, the right people will see and they will buy.
    have you tried somewhere that sells on consignment? your things get displayed, and you see what is selling (to make more) and what isn't.

15. Likes Lissacc liked this post