Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you crochet with thread?

Do you crochet with thread? Do you like to crochet with thread more than with yarn?

For me personally, crocheting with thread is more difficult mainly from using smaller hook sizes.

What has been your experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer #30 thread for doileis!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes aporfirio, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not any more. Years ago (and I mean years ago, LOL) I remember crocheting a purple variegated thread beret and loved it. But now I am so used to worsted and bulky yarn, I have a problem adjusting to thread. And since the majority of my work is donated to organizations, I need to do them (hats, scarves, afghans, etc) in yarn. But I envy those who do beautiful work with thread, like Larisa. Her work is just stunning.

However, if I am doing small flat crocheted ornaments, either in worsted yarn or worsted cotton, I sometimes add a strand of sparkly thread to give it a bit of pizzazz.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to work with thread but I also use lots of yarn. It just depends on what I'm making at the time. Doll clothes, doilies or baby clothes & afghans, etc. I like to use #10 thread & #7 hook the most for thread items but use others as well. In yarn, it just depends on the item. Any hook but, F,G & H, I seem to use the most.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

6. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just started a few weeks ago. hard when OA hands are in pain tho. Fun to see the outcome. Did 4 doily's now .

Post Thanks / Like
    i FOUND SOME BEAUTIFUL PATTERNS ON PICOTSTOPETALS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT IT, SORRY I DIDN'T MaKE IT A LINK and sorry about those caps, lol... but I am going to try to make some #10 thread lacy curtain valances for inside shelves of my china cabinet, IF I can do it. I'm doing picot points for the triangle bottom edge. I have plenty of tiny hooks, but do I have the steady hand? We'll see!

9. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like working with thread, but I prefer yarn. I've made a few doilies and I'm currently working on making bookmarks with doily thread to sell at Church to help fund our crochet class.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I tried and I can't
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to crochet with thread. Some projects I' ve done include doilies, bookmarks, edgings, flowers, coasters, shorts, and others. Right now I'm completing a kingside bedspread for my niece. It has taken me two years, and I'm on the last row. I still have the edging to do. I will post a picture when I'm done.

13. Likes Pixieglitter, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to crochet with both - just love to crochet. Although crocheting with yarn is easier on my eyes.