Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet with all kinds of different treads. Even spools of sewing thread. Embroidery thread and I have even crocheted with strips of plastic bags. I took plastic grocery bags and cut them in strips and made beds for the homeless. They turned out great and beautiful with all the different colors in them I made pillows for them and made ties so you could tie the pillow to the bed and not loss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love crocheting with thread. I think I like it better than yarn. Years ago I would look at doilies my grandmother made and was just fascinated by the small stitches. I always thought it would be to difficult for me to do. It just looked so advanced. One day I decided to give it a try. I started with size 3 thread and worked my way down to size 10. I have made tablecloths, table runners, and many many doilies. I have done a lot of advanced patterns. I love each and everyone I make and often give some to friends. If I did not give some away I would be over run with doilies. The tablecloths are my favorite items because they are truly a labor of love and I feel should be kept in the family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use #10 thread for doilies, and #3 thread for shawls (sometimes). Of course, yarn works up faster, but nothing is like crocheting and seeing the finished results of a doily that you thought was complicated, but really wasn't.
    [ATTACH]18256
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you crochet with thread?-ruffled-doily-3-jpg 
    ---HarriEtta

4. Likes ramblyambly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetdiva....
    What beaitiful doily! I am not very good at thread things. I have big farmgirl hands, ha,ha. I do have big hands for a woman and it seems I do more fumbling than crocheting. I have made some things in thread but, prefer yarn.

Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Myra. I prefer yarn, too. You get to see what you are making faster.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link to pineapple doilies of all sizes. Just type "doily" in the search box. I found a very pretty 24" round one with pineapples and hearts.
    https://www.free-crochet.com/members...l?code=FC00420
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice Doily

Post Thanks / Like

chergram

Quote Originally Posted by reecebuttercup View Post
    Oh I love to crochet with thread. You can easily take a project with you as they are so small. I love adding the cutest ruffle with little girls socks and I finish them with beads. Oh how cute. Or how about making beautiful thread angels for the Christmas tree. Great for gifts on both projects oh and by the way cheap to if your on a budget.
    hi do you have pattern for the thread angel would like to have or the site to find it or would like site for thread crochet patterns
    Last edited by chergram; 11-28-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: had to make more words