Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, spoula. Tks for your recommendation. We have a Michael's in a city near here (we are country mice) but they don't stock exactly the same stuff as the Michaels stores in the States; needless to say, yours have more stuff. I will see what I can find.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started a table cloth YEARS ago. I don't think I'm going to finish getting it large enough for the table. It has taken WAY too long and it takes days to do one row now. I'll use it for a smaller table. I love the look but don't have the patience anymore to take that long on a project. Too long for the satisfaction feeling. lol

3. Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a thread pattern by Kim Guzman. It's just lovely. Took me a month to make.
    Ravelry: Cinnamon Fling pattern by Kim Guzman
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been crocheting for over 50 years. I was terrified to crochet with thread. Desperation is truly something else. I wanted to make clothes for Barbie. I know there are many patterns for her made with yarn. BUT, I found I really was not satisfied with that. Everything was so bulky. So I purchased my first ball of thread, some patterns, off of Ebay and a number 7 needle. This was just about 12 years ago. I then followed the pattern to make a bride dress for Barbie. It was so awkward at first. My hands were just use to using yarn. It took me months for me to adjust. Now I have not only made doll clothes, doilies, decorations, jewlery and many other items. I love it and mix up one day using thread, and then the next working with yarn. Just don't give up. Like I said, it takes a while for the hands to adjust, but it is well worth it. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really happy to hear your story, Gladys. I haven't worked with tiny thread & hook in 40 years (I started crocheting as a teenager with such thread & hook!) and now I want to make a really nice doily so your story is what I need to hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I do, but only small projects. Because I too think it's more difficult. I have to actually look at what I'm doing too much with thread. I like to use yarn, as once your pattern is established, you can pretty much do it without looking. Just a glance now & then is all you really need.

8. Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to crochet with thread. I especially like the lacy look of size 30 crochet thread in vintage doilies, but sadly my eyes aren't what they used to be so it's harder to see the stitches. I did buy a pair of Mag eyes from Mary Maxim that seem like they're going to help, but I think they have been discontinued in that catalog. I am looking online for another source, but haven't found one yet. I still crochet doilies, but use size 10 thread.

LJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissacc View Post
    Attachment 10715 Attachment 10716 Attachment 10718 Attachment 10719
    A couple years ago, I decided to give it a try. I usually use 4ply yarn. Had a bunch of patterns for Barbie doll and a granddaughter turning 8. Got started and didn't stop for quite a while, made a lot more than the couple outfits I planned on. It turned out to be a lot of fun, Used beads to decorate and make matching jewelry. Made sweaters and jackets out of baby yarn, a jewelry box out of match boxes. Used washed, Styrofoam trays to put each outfit on, and filled a large, grocery, paper bag. She loved them and laughed that it was a never ending sack, there were more and more, (I think nearly 2 dozen). She still talks about them, and plays with them. Adding a few pictures of my favorites.
    Hi,
    Wow Lissacc! The doll clothes are really good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Do you crochet with thread? Do you like to crochet with thread more than with yarn?

For me personally, crocheting with thread is more difficult mainly from using smaller hook sizes.

What has been your experience?
    Hello Barbara,

My sister-in-law's mother tried to teach me with thread and I just couldn't get it. I was 15. Boy.....has that been a day or two ago. Then my mother-in-law taught me on yarn and I have been hooked ever since. I prefer to work with yarn but have done some little things in thread.
    Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful, and pace yourself! I didn’t, and I am having to take at least a week off from crocheting because I almost gave myself carpul tunnel! I’m investing in some ergonomic crochet hooks to see if they will help.

LJ
    Last edited by Lady Jane; 10-18-2017 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typo