Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I google what I'm looking for and always stipulate 'free crochet pattern for---' and have found more than I'll ever need.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do thread and would like to find patterns for it anything but doily have a lot of those I alsohave a lot of size 10 thread would like to find pattern for thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chergram View Post
    I do thread and would like to find patterns for it anything but doily have a lot of those I alsohave a lot of size 10 thread would like to find pattern for thanks
    I will take a regular pattern, such as a stuffy and make it out of thread. I will take a flower pattern and make it out of thread. You can take any pattern and make it with thread.

4. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello chergram.
    Have you tried to sign up with "allFreeCrochet" or LeisureArts.com? I signed up years ago it is free and they send patterns to your email account all free patterns. There are scarfs, sweaters, children's clothes blankets, baby stuff, all kinds of things to crochet. Or you can do what GramaKate does and type your request into Google that works too.
    Depending on the pattern you want to make if it calls for yarn you could use thread. You will have to make a gauge and use a hook that would give you the same number of stitches per inch of a pattern you liked using yarn. I like #3 and #5 thread for tunics and baby dresses. I am currently making bikini's with thread for my grand-daughters instead of yarn.
    Spoula

6. Likes DinahRoberts, MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The smallest thread I have used is #20 but it was in Tatting not crochet.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I use #3 #5 and #10. I find especially if I want something smaller, I use size 10 for the stuffy, it makes it about 1/2 of the regular size. Not everyone likes a large one. I found that mostly you can use size 10 for anything. There are wiggle hot pads, that use size 10 thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone here use a magnifier that you hang around your neck when doing projects with a tiny steel hook? I never have but if I'm going to make a doily maybe I ought to try one.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rxYAAO...ZoR/s-l300.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hanging magnifier

Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    Does anyone here use a magnifier that you hang around your neck when doing projects with a tiny steel hook? I never have but if I'm going to make a doily maybe I ought to try one.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rxYAAO...ZoR/s-l300.jpg
    Hi MeeToo,
    Yes, I have used one to do some cross stitch and embroidery it works well.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you recommend a particular make of magnifier? I haven't a clue what to look for. If you go to Amazon, half the reviewers will give a product 5 stars and the rest hate it. What to do, what to think!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    Can you recommend a particular make of magnifier? I haven't a clue what to look for. If you go to Amazon, half the reviewers will give a product 5 stars and the rest hate it. What to do, what to think!
    Hello MeeToo,
    I purchased mine at Michaels it is a craft store. They have them at other craft stores or Fabric shops. I don't know if we have the same shops as your area. I am sorry I didn't save the box it came in so I don't know the brand. It wasn't expensive and it works fine. It has an adjustable neck string and a tiny magnifier inside the larger one for really close up work.

Spoula