Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Cactuses- 2 ways to make them. Great gift project:)

Here are two ways to make a very nice cactuses. You can crochet them or paint them. Either way it is a nice way to decorate your home. Excellent projects for gif's.
    1) Cactus made of painted rocks. Great project for kids and adults.
    Craftberry Bush: Cactus made of painted rocks - a children's craft
    2) Crochet cactuses. They are beautiful. Tutorials and patterns are available on Internet.
    Here are 4 pictures. First is made out of painted rocks. Very nice. The other three are crocheted. They are beautiful I am planning to make them for my daughter.
    Krys
    THOSE ARE NOT MY PICTURE'S!
    Cactuses- 2 ways to make them. Great gift project:)-cactus-painted-rocks-jpgCactuses- 2 ways to make them. Great gift project:)-amigurumi-cactus-1-jpgCactuses- 2 ways to make them. Great gift project:)-amigurumi-cactus-2-jpgCactuses- 2 ways to make them. Great gift project:)-amigurumi-cactus-3-jpg

2. Thanks cybarra thanked for this post
    Likes Morningstar46, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love, love, love the crocheted ones especially!!! Thank you for pictures :-) hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Love, love, love the crocheted ones especially!!! Thank you for pictures :-) hugs Winnie
    Winnie you welcome
    I love them too!. Like I mentioned above, I want to crochet them for my daughter. I think few of them would look very nice on her kitchen window. I already got everything that I need for that project. That is: little white ceramic "pots", little rocks, poxy. And a course green yarn in many shades of green...LOL. I do have crochet threads for those little flowers. I do not crochet with thread. But, that would be just a small flowers. Maybe I will make it thru that..LOL
    Right now I need to finish couple other projects that I started already.
    XXX
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    The one crochet cactus is great since you can do it in orange to be a pumpkin, red for a tomato, or green for the cactus! I'm going to do an African Violet crochet piece, there are some others too, I'll get the patterns and post them here. Thx for the cactus ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    The one crochet cactus is great since you can do it in orange to be a pumpkin, red for a tomato, or green for the cactus! I'm going to do an African Violet crochet piece, there are some others too, I'll get the patterns and post them here. Thx for the cactus ideas!
    Talking about tomatoes..That would NOT be good idea to use that design. Tomatoes don't have "ridges", they are smooth. That stitch is used for pumpkins to imitate the "grooves" on real pumpkin's. The second problem would be: the bottom of that "tomato". Tomatoes can't have both sides "gathered". One side top or the bottom (it all depends who would calling what side the top? or the bottom? LOL). The point is: one side it needs to be smooth-round with no gathering's in the middle.

That would not look like a tomato at all. It would not even look like an apple either( they are smooth also). It would be red, but would not even resemble any of those.

As for a pumpkin's, that idea including that stitch it been used for a long time. They are all over the Internet with patterns. To turn that cactus to a pumpkin: All it would need is that "dimple" in the middle and definitely a little steam in a middle in green or brown color. The leaf/leaf's is always optional. And a different color of yarn would help. If some one would like to make a pumpkin in a green color, there would be nothing wrong either. As long as would resemble a pumpkin.
    Krys
    PS: tomatoes needs to be work in rounds and with a different stitch. So are the apples, oranges and..
    Last edited by Polishgirl; 09-24-2014 at 09:31 AM.