Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Prayer Shawls:

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently made a shawl from a pattern on Ravelry.com that I really like - it is called Bowtie Pi - and is very easy and drapes well. It is a semi-circle and starts from the center top. Ravelry: Bowtie Pi pattern by Cheri McEwen

2. Thanks crochetdiva thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    billieconrad, I just downloaded the Bowtie PI pattern from Ravelry. Thank you for sharing. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks billieconrad, I just downloaded the pattern. Beautiful and simple!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the prayer shawl I made. I gave it to a cousin in a nursing home. It's in the Crochet Prayer Shawl Companion book, 3-ruffled all shawl designed by Doris Chan and Diane Moyer.
    Prayer Shawls:-variation-doris-chan-shawl-2-jpg Prayer Shawls:-variation-doris-chan-shawl-4-jpg
    Last edited by crochetdiva; 09-22-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    ---HarriEtta

6. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetdiva, the shawl is beautiful! I bet the ladies are envious of your cousins shawl. xoxoxo Lynda

8. Thanks crochetdiva thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetdiva, wow, I love it!

10. Thanks crochetdiva thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, everyone. I'm fairly new to the forums. I've been crocheting scarves and lap blankets for whoever needs them. I have recently thought about prayer shawls. I've also thought about making chemo caps but for some reason my caps don't turn out right; I think I lose count during the increase rows. Anyway, I agree with Linda - - I look for the simplest patterns I can find so I don't have to concentrate too much. I've had chemo and we do get cold. And now I have some trouble concentrating and remembering. I think I'll finish the projects I am working on now and then try another cap. And Linda, I will pray for your mother and for you. God bless all of you.

I forgot to tell you ladies, there is a site called "Pinterest." If you do a search for crochet. There are lots of patterns and many are free.
    Last edited by MaryK; 09-23-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    MaryK, thank you for your prayers, and I pray for your continued healing. I love the Pinterest sites for all kinds of crochet and crafts! A majority do have pattern links, sometimes they are blogs. Anyway it's fun to look at all the ideas and patterns! God bless.