Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you use crochet project labels?

When giving a gift which is crocheted, some like to add a special touch to the gift. Some like to add crochet labels to their items.

Do you use crochet project labels? Or, how to add a special touch to the item so the recipient will always remember who the item is from?

2. Thanks AuntieAlice, dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes Carynjoyb, Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have labels and I do put them on my gifts. One gal I gave an afghan to loved to show her daughter when her daughter would comment on how pretty it was that the label said Made Especially for You by Roseanna and to keep her hands off it. I then made her daughter one and she loved that one also.

Roe

4. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I been thinking of geting them. Something small, so I can attach that to the bottom of my amigurumi's.
    So far did not got around to take care of that.
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother always put labels, "Lovingly made by" on her projects, but I've not done that. But, now that you've brought the topic up, I am thinking it would be a terrific idea. My grandnieces all live far away from me. If there were labels in the little things I make for them, they might actually kind of get to know me!
    Auntie Alice

7. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do. Esp. if I make a top, baby clothes etc. Don't want them to forget where it came from, lol !

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great idea. I have thought about it, but have never done it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make my own labels. I have a bunch printed off for thru the end of this year and I have been using them on my squares for our 6" crocheted exchange club on here. My labels are in my picture folder on my computer and I can print them any time I want ...just change the month and print a page or so as many as you need and then they can be ironed onto a roll of ribbon. I use the ink-jet T-shirt transfer paper from Jo-anne Fabrics or Hobby Lobby. The kit comes complete with instructions. You need to remember to "flip" or "mirror image" anything with letters or writing in it so when you iron it onto the ribbon it will be readable. Some printers come with a program for mirror imaging your designs already built into them. I enjoy making my own labels. Try it .. it's fun! Love and hugs, Patty/redhead

PS I just remembered something... if you have a program called Paint on your computer it has all you need to "flip" or "rotate" or "mirror image" your pictures and printed items. See if you have "Paint" and then play with it a little you will be surprised what you can create! All you need is a picture, a letter or some writing and away you go!! Have fun! And let me know what you end up with....Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 09-08-2014 at 05:28 AM.

11. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes Carynjoyb, Mary Laposta liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have purchased printed cloth labels that say "Hand Crocheted for You by Jo Baehr". Then, I just sew them onto my projects. I am out of them right now and need to order more. Thanks Barbara, for reminding me!!!

Also, when sending out small items I've made, I print labels I've saved in my computer and attach to the item with a piece of yarn or ribbon. I have made a wide paper label that wraps around a set of dishcloths that says what the item is and who made it. I also add the washing instructions to the label.

~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

13. Likes Carynjoyb, Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    When giving a gift which is crocheted, some like to add a special touch to the gift. Some like to add crochet labels to their items.

Do you use crochet project labels? Or, how to add a special touch to the item so the recipient will always remember who the item is from?
    I use them. I crochet for all my kids and grandkids and I put labels on them. They either say Made with love from Grandma or made with love, or even made by Linda and my last name.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I make ornaments I will attach a gift tag to the string that you hang them by and I will put the name of the person I give it to and then from and then the date that they received it. Now that you have said something about tags I think I will start doing that so everyone will remember who gave it to them