Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite color of yarn?

I really like many of the colors available when it comes to yarn, but I tend to lean toward purple hues or even some pinks depending on what I am working on at the time.

So, what is your favorite color of yarn?

2. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara
    That would be very hard for me to answer that question. Since I am doing mostly amigurumi. So, whatever color is needed I will use it. I can tell you what I don't like. It is to crochet with black yarn in the evening or night!. I guess most of us are filing the same way.
    The other thing is. I do not keep anything that I crochet. So, whatever my daughter or granddaughters or friends would like that is what I will use.
    I think around Christmas time I do use quiet bit of red color for ornaments and other stuff.
    Krys
    PS: Just for instance, if I would crochet a pillow for my home. I would probably use some of those colors: cream, beige, brown, black, white, burgundy. I do not like bright colors to wear or in my home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my favorite colors personally are hot pink and turquoise and I do use them in my projects. I like working with all colors, a lot depends on the project and who the recipient will be. I just was told that the hobby club I belong to was asked for lap robes in darker colors for the men.

I tend though, when making baby afghans for personal gifts, to use bright primary colors rather than baby pastels unless a specific color is specified.

However, when I am using variegated and it has a "white" in it, which really isn't that bright a white on some, I love to use Red Heart Soft White. I also use it on certain solids when a bright white doesn't work.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't have a favorite color to work w/ on projects. I love purple.....any shades...so if I was making something for myself that would be my go to color.

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never gave it much thought, but like PolishGirl I never keep anything for myself so when I am crocheting I use whatever My daughter or granddaughter want. BUt I usually buy Variegated or Stripes yarn. I never like to crochete with very dark yarn. If I am buying it for myself I love Turquoise or Peach colors.

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like bright colors usually, Purple,Blue for darker colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love variegate yarns the most and do tend to lean towards shades of green and other earth tones. I also seem to have a lot of blue, but that is my niece's favorite color, which could explain it. :-)
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the color Aran from RedHeart. Its a medium-weight yarn. I have crocheted with it for afghans and sweaters. Came out beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the pinks, reds, peach,salmon, turquoise and yellows. I love the salmon because that was my mother's favorite color. It reminds me of her and brings back all the happy memories I have of her. Yellow reminds me of the joy and happiness that the Lord gives to my heart. I always loved pink and red and turquoise. I have others that I like but these are my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    My all time favorite color is Peach. Because I use it a lot for Amigurumi and I love the yarn " I love this yarn". It's easy to work with and it's so soft too. But I also, love purple's, yellow, orange, pink with black, and green's ( except olive green). If I use black, I use the lighted crochet hooks and help a lot when using dark yarn.

14. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post