Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Owl toy by Bernat

Has anyone crocheted Yarnspirations "owl toy" by Bernat? I am at the point where I have decreased to 64 sts. The instructions then read"
    Work even in rnds until work from marked rnd measures 5 1/2 ins ending with 4 rnds of A and....."
    I do not know where the last marked round was supposed to be as there was no indication to mark any round except for earlier on. The only thing I can think of is perhaps I should measure the 5 1/2 ins from when I first started decreasing.
    What makes this a little difficult is the pattern doesn't number the rounds.
    Here is the pattern link:
    http://www.yarnspirations.com/pattern/crochet/owl-toy\
    Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    the best I can figure after reading the pattern is either a mistake was made and a "mark round" was left out or since it is sc and that takes a bit to work up maybe they did mean from the round marked earlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it could not have meant the round earlier as that was already about 7 inches earlier. As you suggested, a mark round was left out. I winged it and it seems to look about right. I tried to contact Bernat but I couldn't find a "contact us" link. I will find a way to let them know about this when I have more time and also they should number the rounds as it is difficult to follow the way it is written. It may be an easy pattern but not easy to follow the way it is written.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that pattern a couple a years ago and didn't get it either! I never finished it, because it just looked like an egg! I thought of turnin it into something else! GOOD LUCK!