Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

A great find at a yard sale on friday

Well I think it's a great find I bought for $4.00 a 1967 Tubsy Doll with her tub she still works too a little loud though(I imagine she was quieter back in the day)but for being 47 years old not bad if I do say so.
    I fixed her hair washed it with a squirt of Dawn dish soap,rinsed and combed it out until it layed the way I wanted and then sprayed it with some hair spray oh and also did a little eye surgery she had cateracts(I think it was white out).She only has her towel and 1 ugly yellow cloth diaper(that was tooo big) so if anyone has any ideas on where I can find doll clothes patterns for a 20" doll please let me know Thankyou in advance. New nite time project of mine is to get her all cleaned up and a wardrobe made so my grandaughter can play with her at my house (poor baby tubsy needs alot of TLC)

P.S if I was to use a pattern for an 18" doll how would I enlarge it a little bit to fit?
    will post pictures of doll soon

2. Likes dar1221ell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    At https://www.etsy.com/listing/9537468...deal-1967-with there are lots of pictures of the dolls might get some ideas from clothes that they are dressed with. How about some of the old vintage baby patterns? Good luck!

4. Thanks boodamomx6 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Here is a link to many crochet patterns for dolls clothes: 20" doll clothes crochet pattern - AOL Image Search Results
    Krys

6. Thanks boodamomx6 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Try just going up one size of crochet hook. It might work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
    Hi
    Here is a link to many crochet patterns for dolls clothes: 20" doll clothes crochet pattern - AOL Image Search Results
    Krys
    Wow, that's a lot of doll clothes! I'm always surprised at how many people are doing both crochet and knitting. I find tons of things on any search, and I'm so glad to find these arts being done by people of all ages.

For a while it looked as these crafts, a lot of crafts in fact, might die out. But now, no way. Look at Pinterest! Maybe it's because people don't want to buy cheap imported junk, or they want better quality, or they have more pride in things they make, or they can't afford to buy store purchased items, whatever the reason, but I'm happy to see people making things. America does so little of making anything to sell!

A lot of countries still teach young girls to do yarn crafts at very young ages, and by the time they're teens they can make some of their own wardrobe and useful and decorative home items like dish cloths, doilies, curtains, rugs, you name it. I wish people here would teach it to kids in the U.S. while they're young, girls and boys both for that matter. They could get together and do it together and enjoy it, and make wonderful things!And do it with no power needed, lol.

Of course we still need yarn. And I've hardly looked at this end of yarn crafts, but I'm sure it's interesting. Oh well, I'm running on, so I'll stop. Bye for now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not remember that kind of doll, but my granddaughter would love something like that. As for making doll clothes, I crochet Barbie clothes for my granddaughter. My latest find is a Holiday Barbie, in original packaging at Goodwill for ten dollars. She was originally over forty. She has never been opened and I have hidden her away for Christmas.

10. Likes boodamomx6 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    JUST a word of caution!! i'm not a party-pooper, but the safety requirements in these older toys are not the same as today. check these toys for small parts, etc., that may come loose and get swallowed by a little one. we all tend to put things in our mouth to hold for a moment or two (needles and pins, small cars, doll shoes come to my mind) and have a way of meandering into lungs (my aunt) and tummies (son) and ears (same son) and noses (different son) and, well, you get my drift. I have seen older toys in their original boxes come with a safety disclaimer pasted on by the seller! I think re-cycling of these older things is great but remember to protect your babies from small pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of doll clothes! I'm always surprised at how many people are doing both crochet and knitting. I find tons of things on any search, and I'm so glad to find these arts being done by people of all ages.

For a while it looked as these crafts, a lot of crafts in fact, might die out. But now, no way. Look at Pinterest! Maybe it's because people don't want to buy cheap imported junk, or they want better quality, or they have more pride in things they make, or they can't afford to buy store purchased items, whatever the reason, but I'm happy to see people making things. America does so little of making anything to sell!

A lot of countries still teach young girls to do yarn crafts at very young ages, and by the time they're teens they can make some of their own wardrobe and useful and decorative home items like dish cloths, doilies, curtains, rugs, you name it. I wish people here would teach it to kids in the U.S. while they're young, girls and boys both for that matter. They could get together and do it together and enjoy it, and make wonderful things!And do it with no power needed, lol.

Of course we still need yarn. And I've hardly looked at this end of yarn crafts, but I'm sure it's interesting. Oh well, I'm running on, so I'll stop. Bye for now!
    Hello Susan
    Most (not all) children in US today, they don't want to learn anything with an exception when it comes to new technology. They are way to busy using their finger on those smart phones, tablets and...
    They do not want to spend any time to practice anything. They are use to getting everything ready! & instant!. Heck, most of them they do not even know how to talk on telephone or write or...The list is endless.....!
    Krys..

Post Thanks / Like
    I am old school my children didn't have alot of video games or any ipods,ipads I didn't let them watch alot of tv either We had board game family nite A movie nite and A reading nite and now as a grandmother(YaYa) I do the same with the grandbabies. I am currently trying to teach my 9yr old grandson and 7yr grandaughter how to crochet and a few days ago my daughter in law informed me that she to wanted to learn Yay!(I now have 3 people I can pass down my patterns to) Need to add that all this teaching has been put on hold while I finish my non related crochet project!