Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Hit Jackpot!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am disabled and don't get out much....but I have a computer and I do everything on line.,at one time I lived inn Port Washibgton.. my husband died 5 yearss ago this Oct.. bobctwn@roadrunner.com e-mail me

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Pensacola Florida. I went to Walmart 2 weeks ago to get Sunday paper and just happened to wander across 3 shopping carts full of $1 a skein. I spent $70.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! $1 a skein at Walmart is a great deal!! Wish my Walmart would do that! Congratulations!
    A friend of ours works at a nursing home. He said he can get me two bins of yarn for free! People constantly donate yarn to the home, but there are only one or two ladies who are still able to knit or crochet there and they can't use all of the donated yarn. I am sooo excited!!! Can't wait to see what he brings me! I'll post a photo when I get it. Wish we all lived close together, so we could share it! Ladies, check with your local nursing homes!!! You may find freebies there!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 08-18-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: added text
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I already have more than I wil use in my lifetime over 250 skiens...but I keep buying more,,just because it is soft and pretty,,,

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean...every time I go into a store, the yarn department calls to me!!! I just LOVE yarn!!! I need to find a better way to store what I already have!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥

Quote Originally Posted by bobsy View Post
    I already have more than I wil use in my lifetime over 250 skiens...but I keep buying more,,just because it is soft and pretty,,,
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I put mine in glad 2 1/2 gallon size zip bags then into totes,,,have 6 totes full

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bobsy,
    Sorry to hear that!
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hit Jackpot!!!-100_1713-jpgHit Jackpot!!!-100_1713-jpg still working on this

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been hearing a lot about Walmart having big yarn sales. Maybe I should check it out when feeling better. Mary Maxim has their big craft sales going on now for the month of August. I do not know if it is on the internet as well.