Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  75
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone thinking about Christmas Crochet projects?

Anyone thinking on what they are going to crochet for people for Christmas gifts? I start thinking early so I can get my projects done in time. So I start looking now at various patterns. Last year I was in a slipper craze and I made slippers for a lot of people. I customized them to fit their personality although the pattern was the same.

I think this year I am looking at infinity scarves. I am looking at several patterns that I can crochet the same but personalize the same way I did the slippers.

Any one else thinking on Christmas yet and what are your thoughts as to what you are making?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that dream catchers are really loved by any age group. I posted a pic of one I made for my Granddaughter for her graduation gift. Well since then I have made five more in their color choices! So I will have to come up with another idea for them at Christmas, but I thought of sending you this idea. I crochet them it takes the guess work out of how much string, and changing colors is very easy. They don't take much time to make and adding feathers and beads to compliment the web colors is fun and easy also they are in-expensive to make!

3. Likes Mary Laposta, CrochetNana41, Lissacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marlamartin,

I LOVE Dream Catchers! What a great idea! I would need a pattern though....do you have one???? Thank you for that thought!

5. Thanks Mary Laposta thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need one. Just sc around hoop, ss the ending w beg then chain 7 and sc onto the ring making sure the chain is taunt go around then you can change color or keep the same color and ch 7, sc into the previous chain, go around then reduce to 6, then 5 etc. until it's down to 2, reduce the no. of chains to keep the web taunt, there is no rules to this, but you don't want to end up with a basket ball hoop in the center. You can also go into u-tube and search for crocheted dream catchers. I like crocheting it because you don't have to guess how much yarn plus changing colors is easy you just keep the last ch, then with the new color make a loop and pull it thru the last loop, tighten down and continue chaining. You can add a bead, then add beads and feathers tying them onto the hoop. It's easy and very in-expensive.

7. Thanks Teri, cybarra, Morningstar46 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Marlamartin sounds pretty easy....I am going to try it. What do you use for a hoop? An embroidery hoop? I will check it out on youtube too. Thanks for the great idea!

9. Likes Susan2014, Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marlamartin, your dream catcher is beautiful love the colors! When my grandson was little he had bad dreams so once on a trip to Gattlinburg I bought him a dream catcher and hung it at the head of his bed. I explained to him how they worked and it really did help him. I was pleasantly surprised !! I'm sure your grandchildren love them :-). Hugs Winnie

11. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make scarves every year for my daughters, daughter in laws and my neighbors. I have two made so far and put up. Which is really good for me because I am usually a huge procrastinator

13. Likes Susan2014, Teri, Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, are not we related?? hahaah. What style scarves do you make & yarn if I may ask ? Ive done a few for Meals on wheel Ladies / Gents, those who cant get out. Still like to be nicely dressed if Company etc. I make 5 and let the Group Adminastrator know. Send a small Tree at xmas they love it & know they can give them as a Gift if chosen ? be good GF

15. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, we must be sisters! I made these out of Bernat Blanket yarn. I love fat yarn and fat hooks. This scarf comes out super soft and warm and works up quickly. This picture doesn't have the buttons on it yet. I always put two wood bamboo buttons on one end so they can wear it different ways.

Anyone thinking about Christmas Crochet projects?-pinkcamowafflescarf-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to make my older grandson a stuffed animal and hat, i am going to try and get some more yarn and finish an afghan for my daughter and her husband, I am going to make my little grandson a stuffed animal and a blanket, and my little granddaughter is due in November I am going to make her some girl bibs and booties and if i have time going to make her a little blanket. I am also going to try and make some christmas decorations for my family as they don't have very many. Each year I try to make at least one tree ornament for each person in the family and so each person has their own ornament.

18. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post