Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually take photos of the things I've made. I haven't taken pics of all of the granny squares I've been making though, but I will start now. I also want to start making one more square each month (of the same pattern I'm giving away) just for me to keep. I've loved many of the squares I sent out and now wish I'd made one for me too! BUT, I can look at the ones you all have posted of mine and see which ones I want to copy for myself. AAHHHH, aren't computers great????!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

2. Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just started taking pics

Here are a few examples of my latest creations. I have also done 3 sets of Christmas place mats, a ruffle scarf, and working on a poncho.

Do any of you take pictures of your completed items?-sam_0018-jpg Do any of you take pictures of your completed items?-sam_0013-jpg Do any of you take pictures of your completed items?-sam_0015-jpgDo any of you take pictures of your completed items?-sam_0017-jpg

4. Likes crochetdiva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should! I do, plus it's great to share what you have completed.

6. Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep photos of my work in a picture binder for that purpose only. I put a label w/ the name of my project on the back of the picture.

Say I'm anal or not but I have labeled all my photos. It helps w/ the name of somebody & occasion that you can't remember.

I recently started a binder re the yarn I use. I take the wrapper and a cut of the yarn, then tape them to a sheet of notebook paper. There's room to jot down a few notes. Come laundry time I don't have to guess whether to dry clean or machine wash & dry. It's a good reference, guys.
    ---HarriEtta

8. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovin' your work!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I always take pictures of the item and who I made it for. I keep a photo album of my knitting and crochet. Since I make my Christmas presents, this helps me not to make them the same gift each year. It also helps me know the color combinations and style I've made. It's amazing how much you accomplish during the years but you know you've been busy when you look at your album. Happy knitting and crochet.

11. Likes crochetdiva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crochetdiva,

I love your idea of attaching the yarn label and a swatch of yarn to your binder photo. I could never remember which ones were "hand wash" or "machine wash". Great tip! thanks!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    I keep photos of my work in a picture binder for that purpose only. I put a label w/ the name of my project on the back of the picture.

Say I'm anal or not but I have labeled all my photos. It helps w/ the name of somebody & occasion that you can't remember.

I recently started a binder re the yarn I use. I take the wrapper and a cut of the yarn, then tape them to a sheet of notebook paper. There's room to jot down a few notes. Come laundry time I don't have to guess whether to dry clean or machine wash & dry. It's a good reference, guys.

13. Likes crochetdiva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    adinkado,

Very nice work! I especially like the afghan in the first photo. What yarn did you use? I love the color variations.
    Thanks for posting!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jo.. I am so self conscious about my work. I don't think I do good work and feel I am below the standards of this lovely group.
    It was a Red Heart variegated I got a long time ago and had leftovers.. (I think it was Red Heart or Lion)
    Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely idea. I shall start keeping labels with yarn in my records. Thank you so much for sharing the idea. It will truly come in handy in my future projects.
    Bev