Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: T shirt yarn?

Post Thanks / Like

T shirt yarn?

Has anyone purchased T SHIRT YARN/CAMISETA from LOOPS & THREADS and what do you plan to create with this new yarn?
    I spotted 4 pastel colors on an end cap in a Michael's this past week. I picked up FREE pattern sheet . Coaster and Placemat sheet.
    This brand of T Shirt yarn is selling for $8.99 for 6.3oz/180 g. 100 yds. Suggests using 'j' hook.

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have 5 skeins and plan to do a Rug. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used it. Could be good for baskets or rugs I would think

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. This would be nice for rugs. Easy clean in washing machine and air dry.....

Post Thanks / Like

What to do with?

Quote Originally Posted by WENDY1588 View Post
    Has anyone purchased T SHIRT YARN/CAMISETA from LOOPS & THREADS and what do you plan to create with this new yarn?
    I spotted 4 pastel colors on an end cap in a Michael's this past week. I picked up FREE pattern sheet . Coaster and Placemat sheet.
    This brand of T Shirt yarn is selling for $8.99 for 6.3oz/180 g. 100 yds. Suggests using 'j' hook.
    Hi there! I have crocheted several rugs, placemats and coasters, and hotpads with it. I love this type of yarn. Depending on what type of crochet hook you are used to using, it can take some time getting used to a very large hook. I also crochet doilies and it take me some time to switch from a very large hook to a small one used for making doilies.

Enjoy!
    TMHutch

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not purchased T-shirt yarn, but have made my own from old T-shirts. I first intended to make a purse from a pattern I saw online, but somehow that ended up on the back burner, and what I DID do was to use it along with numerous colors of yarns I had purchased online (that were anything but #4 weight as advertised). I used a blue ball and a tan ball of T-shirt yarn I had wound, along with some of the yarns purchased online, and made a one of a kind arm knitted cowl. It's really neat. This is a great way to use up this yarn I was not pleased with, and certainly no two cowls will be alike.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you make it yourself? It is sorta expensive if you buy it. I had thought about buying some, but I like your idea better. Thanks and have a blessed dayl

Post Thanks / Like
    To make your own you take old T shirts and cut them in thin strips. Seems like a lot of work, and may be difficult to cut them even to me. But my hands don't work that well on things like that any more.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    How do you make it yourself? It is sorta expensive if you buy it. I had thought about buying some, but I like your idea better. Thanks and have a blessed dayl

Post Thanks / Like
    When doing your Spring or Fall closet cleaning, save the Tee's you would normally toss in the "donation bag". Cutting these up costs the perfect amount...$0.00

Post Thanks / Like
    sassy0212, if you look up how to make t-shirt yarn, you can watch a video on twitter